Audio Quality of Phone Calls
PhilipP

I have had my Incredible now since August 2010, my previous phone was the iPhone, while I liked the iPhone, I disliked the constant dropped calls from AT&T, all the time.

Now that I have the HTC Incredible I've had one dropped call, major improvement, prior to my iPhone I had Verizon, with a Motorola Razor phone, I don't recall ever having such poor audio quality on phone calls.

My current Incredible  calls all sound choppy/broken and words are often cut off, I'm on a family plan and talking to another Incredible user on the plan, we have the same problem at both ends, I just don't remember my previous Verizon  having call problems like this.

Is it the phone or the network that is causing this, other phones on VZW, are you having choppy/broken words?

Phil

Vancouver,Washington

0 Likes
Re: Audio Quality of Phone Calls
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I for one, have never had any issues with call quality with my Verizon phones.  When I ported my landline to wireless last year none of my contacts even were able to tell the difference between my landline and Blackberry audio quality.  I think your problem is with the Incredible.

Different phones have different strengths.  I made sure to get one (Blackberry) that was great as a phone and then performed other 'smartphone' operations I wanted as needed.  My research showed that Android phones were not as good at phone reception (my opinion).  I am sure there will be others that have a differing opinion.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, the Incredible is a great little portable computer, but it is a lousy phone.  I too have had poor call quality since switching to an android phone.  The Froyo upgrade did nothing to improve the sound quality.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there are a ton of very old threads on this issue if you search around (from may-july). when it was first released it was a hot topic and you can find many "possible" fixes. i was able to improve mine by changing the cdml settings in the advanced settings. i dont recall exactly how to do it though and dont want to give you bad advice since it is in the advanced settings (where you can really mess up your device). but there are things out there that you can try. many people had great results and many posted that it didn't really change the quality. but yes....they seemed to have focused more on the smart phone abilities rather than the phone itself. as good as my quality is now (and it's real good...never had a caller even comment on it), it's still not as clear as my trusty old env or any of my old flip phones. they continue to make antennas smaller and put them in locations that best suit the design of the devices, rather than the function of the antenna.

0 Likes
bk2

I switched from an env3. Initially, I thought that I had call quality problems with the Incredible. But I soon realized that it was better. I do not hear all of the outside, background noise with the Incredible, and that took some getting used to. I kept thinking the call had dropped.

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

I got a DInc in June, very unhappy with the call quality. After 6 weeks I reactivated the RAZR2, put the DInc in the drawer have been happy ever since. The DInc is excellent as little mobile computer, not so good as a phone. I have a friend who had the same issues with his DInc, his sits in a drawer too.

0 Likes
PhilipP

So, it appears I am not the only one, I wonder if switching to another phone would improve the call quaility?

Droid X ???

Verizon iPhone ( I wish)

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

PhilipP wrote:

So, it appears I am not the only one, I wonder if switching to another phone would improve the call quaility?

Droid X ???

Verizon iPhone ( I wish)

Only if you hold the iPhone a certain way (LMAO)

0 Likes
timelord
Enthusiast - Level 1

The droid x has excellent call quality, so does the Dinc  I have to turn the volume down to about half on the dinc, that's how nice and loud the call sound is. With the x I had it turner all the way up to achieve the same level.  I had no problems with either phone when it came to audio quality of calls. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes