Asurion not replacing Droids any more?
aelli614

Just wondering from what I've heard seems like Asuion is  not replacing the Droid with a Droid any more but instead they are sending out the Eris? Can anyone confirm?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Asurion not replacing Droids any more?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, a few places have reported this. Apparently they're currently offering the Eris, Ally and Devour as alternatives but it's possible for others to be included later. 

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/26/asurion-to-offer-droid-x/

"Our story last week concerning Asurion and their inability to replace your broken Droid 1 with another Droid 1 after Motorola decided to stop production on it caused enough of a stir for the mobile insurance heavyweight to reach out to us with some good news.

While they immediately confirmed that the Droid 1 is out of production and that the Ally, Eris and Devour are your current options for replacement, they did drop a Droid X/Incredible reference as a future option.  Asurion expects some limited shipments of both devices later this summer and will offer them up immediately as replacement for your broken D1.  Limited is probably the key word there as Verizon can’t keep either in stock, but at least it’ll be an option that should be more than satisfactory.

On a related note, some of you have gone through the process and had success replacing your D1 with another D1, but they assured me that will not be the case for long.  When asked if they were still expecting to receive shipments of the D1, they said that will not be the case and for now, it’s just the lower end Android options."

0 Likes
marcopolo808

thats retarded..why should we as the customer accept a phone of less quality for a replacement.. **bleep**

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

marcopolo808 wrote:

thats retarded..why should we as the customer accept a phone of less quality for a replacement.. **bleep**

Because they know that most people will not fight, and blindly accept what they offered.

Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"...

make a stink and demand an X or equal, not something less people...

0 Likes
mdaubman

You'll see a post from me too.  I've been on the phone for days.  Verizon has the same offer replacing my broken Droid.  I've made a stink and they just repeat the same thing... over and over.  It's horrible.

johnM356 wrote:

marcopolo808 wrote:

Because they know that most people will not fight, and blindly accept what they offered.

Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"...

make a stink and demand an X or equal, not something less people...

0 Likes
mnelsen

Verizon should be held accountable as the insurance is offered through them. 

0 Likes
mysmissy

LMBO!!!!!!! VZW will NOT be held responsible for anything HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

0 Likes
Timon0x31

PJNC284 wrote:

yeah, a few places have reported this. Apparently they're currently offering the Eris, Ally and Devour as alternatives but it's possible for others to be included later. ...

If they don't have Droid 1 then the only acceptable solution would be a Droid 2 at least for those that have accessories. If my breaks I'll only accept a Droid 1 or two since I have three desk docks and two car docks. If they want to replace with something else then they can replace the docs as well.

Side note, best place to get the car and desk docks for the Droid 1 or 2, they use the same docks, is Costco. Car and Desk docks with both chargers is $40. 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
They have had stock the last few weeks now.
0 Likes
ThunderPC

Cobjones wrote:
They have had stock the last few weeks now.

Do you know if they are new or "certified like-new" ones like the ones VZW sends out for warranty issues? If they are of better quality than the junk VZW is pushing out for warranty exchanges, mine my just accidentally get dropped and stepped on a few times. VZW is apparently unable to send out wirking phones for warranty replacements.

0 Likes