Are the DINCs being shipped now still AMOLED or are the LCD ?
VZHawaii

Just  curious, I have read that they are switching away from AMOLED because of shortages but I have not seen any confirmed reports of LCD's being on a new DINC. 

0 Likes
Re: Are the DINCs being shipped now still AMOLED or are the LCD ?
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

The HTC Droid incredible comes with a 3.7" HD AMOLED screen, and would not be shipped with an LCD screen.  I have also reviewed the user’s manual to confirm, and the display is listed as follows:

3.7-inch AMOLED touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution

The user guide can be obtained/viewed at our website www.verizonwireless.com/support. Once you have selected the manufacture and model number of your device, click the red go button. It will be in a .PDF format.

I have listed the link for the user manual: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/htc_incredible/incredible.pdf

I hope this information was helpful.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

sHaY_j wrote:

The HTC Droid incredible comes with a 3.7" HD AMOLED screen, and would not be shipped with an LCD screen.  I have also reviewed the user’s manual to confirm, and the display is listed as follows:

3.7-inch AMOLED touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution

The user guide can be obtained/viewed at our website www.verizonwireless.com/support. Once you have selected the manufacture and model number of your device, click the red go button. It will be in a .PDF format.

I have listed the link for the user manual: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/htc_incredible/incredible.pdf

I hope this information was helpful.

Verizon and HTC have already stated soon thet Incredibles will come with an LCD screen due to HTC not being able to obtain the AMOLED screens from Samsung. Has something changed??? Is Verizon not going to continue selling the Incredible?

0 Likes
BDiddy

I think Shayonte isn't quite aware of the AMOLED shortage issue, although it was stated in various news articles that that's the reason why there have been so many delays in delivering the Incredible.  HTC ended getting super LCD screens for some of the Incredibles, but there is apparently no way for the consumer to track which units have which screen.  My understanding is that AMOLED is supposed to have deeper blacks and slightly more vivid color, while super LCD is supposed to consume a little less energy--in general, though, most people can't tell the difference.

0 Likes