Apps Causing Droid X Camera Issues?
BruceLeroy1

Hello all, 

I apologize if this ends up being a redundant issue, but I am completely stumped. I just received my Droid X yesterday (8/25). I started playing around with it, setting it up and downloading a few free apps, then suddenly the camera completely stopped working, both still pictures and video. It would start to engage, then shut down, and neither application would actually come up at all. I recycled power many times, including by removing the battery, then did a factory reset. No solution. Then I was finally resigned to the fact that I would have to send it back and did a second factory reset for the heck of it and it worked. Now the camera and video options work just fine. 

My question for any of you who may have an answer is whether or not some of these applications can have an effect on the camera. The only things I downloaded were apps like, Chess, Tetris, or classic book publications. I also downloaded Pandora. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone run into similar issues with the camera itself with a possible explanation? My concern is about actions I could take to prevent this in the future. I don't want to have to do frequent factory resets and I don't understand why it worked the second time but not the first. 

-Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Apps Causing Droid X Camera Issues?
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Sometimes applications can contain harmful or corrupt files which may cause problems like this. Just make sure you are careful to which applications you download and you shouldn't have any more problems. Hope this helps.

0 Likes