Application Data Space Is Low
Shell_Nicole

HELP!!!! my phone has been telling me application data space is low i checked my data space and i have PLEANTY of room in my phone. I deleted all the apps i dont use but the notification is still there!! what do I do? AND i am also not getting my gmail notifications either!!! SOMEONE please help me

0 Likes
Re: Application Data Space Is Low
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Here are some options available to troubleshoot your issue:

Option 1: Update

• Dial *228
  • Select Option 2
  • Music will play
  • Once the process is completed, you will be advised and the call will end.
  • Power the device off and then back on
If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend completing a soft reset:

• Power the device off
  • Remove the Battery
  • Allow the battery to remain from the device for 10 to 15 seconds
  • Re-install the battery
  • Power the device on

0 Likes
Shell_Nicole

I Tried both optionsand neither one of them worked :smileysad:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you ever cleared the cache from the applications remaining on your phone? I know that the browser and market tend to be the usual suspects for me in hording all the extra space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Knewz
hard reset will fix 100% of the time
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

but you will lose everything if you do a hard reset....100% of the time.

0 Likes
Shell_Nicole

how do I clear the cache?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Select the All tab. Start checking each app one by one.

AZSALUKI help me out with the instructions. I am not real familiar with Froyo. Is there a way to sort by size so the OP can go through the largest Apps first? Or is there a way to clear the cache for all the applications?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

To add to Ann's suggestion after getting to Applications> Manage Applications   Choose the All tab then Menu, This will list apps by size,

But each cache will need to be cleared individually.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Thanks budone!

To the OP:
Once you have the applications sort by size. Select each application to open a view of the about/security view of the application. As you scroll through the view there is a section for cache. If there is cache in the application, there will be a white button "clear cache". Press the button and the cache will be erased and the button will turn gray.

Hope this all helps.

0 Likes