Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
UMFootball1989

just saw this Check you IMEI numbers. Verizon will roll out the OTA via the last 4 digits of the IMEI number. This is meant to prevent the  from flooding the network. There is a server which contains a certain algorithm which determines who will receive the update when and it cannot be manipulated or having a bump to the front of the line by a typical Verizon rep. When the update rolls out, if you want to bypass this IMEI waitlist, connect to wifi and check for the update when ONLY connected to wifi. 

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess I am confused.  Hasn't it already rolled out? If they do it by IMEI numbers then how does the wifi thing work?  Since they aren't releasing except by a sort of invitation only via the notification I am just confused about any other way to get the dang thing

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

you and me both and i also read its by serial #

0 Likes
berryj

still waiting here in Pittsburgh for the update...la la la la....

0 Likes
natgtr
Someone please tell me they're gonna keep releasing it over the weekend. I need me some gingerbread.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
The updates won't stop... it'll keep rolling out.
0 Likes
UMFootball1989

you mean they're gonna keep getting pushed out all night?

0 Likes
natgtr
I hope I get it soon. I'm getting jealous of all the people saying they have it.
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
So if they go by the last four digits of the IMEI, my last four are like...8985 I think, does that mean I am number 8,985 to get it? If so shouldn't I have it by now then if they have rolled it out to about 120k people? I hope I get it tomorrow morning!! That would be just super!
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Also, I've tried bypassing the list by only using wifi.....data off and still get nothing :smileysad:
0 Likes