Anyone figure out how to fix the dialer lag?
bw19526

Nothing like dialing a number and having to wait 30 seconds to 5 minutes just to actually make the call.  What if there's an emergency???  I have deleted the cache (pressing power and home at the same time), force stopped the dialer......nothing works more than a few hours.  😞

0 Likes
Re: Anyone figure out how to fix the dialer lag?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I've never seen this before. Does it behave the same way in SAFE MODE?

0 Likes
bw19526

Yes.  No new apps added, not rooted.  I have seen this issue mentioned a few times here and many times on other forums. It seems to be a software glitch that isn't being addressed.  There was an update, perhaps the one for the keyboard issue, and the dialer went haywire since then.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Since you have "no apps added" (REALLY?), maybe it's time that you bite the bullet and just do a FACTORY RESET.  Had you done one after the Gingerbread update ? Is your KEYBOARD functioning OK or are you experiencing the lag with that as well?

0 Likes
dbcmaster

I have had this problem.  It's even worse when you have to dial 911 and have to wait 1 minute for it to start dialing.

A hard reset worked for about a day.  With no apps on the phone, it started lagging.

From the updates that the phone had:

.596 lagged a little for me

.602 did not lag and seemed to be the best

.605 lags all the time and seemed to break more stuff

I believe those are the right update numbers.

My solution is an upgrade soon because I still have 5.3gb of space free on the phone. So, caching would not be an issue I would think.

0 Likes
bw19526

Yes, really, no apps added immediately prior or since this issue.  Hard reset performed, helped for about 6 hours, then back to the lag.  Just yesterday, my dial pad froze....could not hang up, nothing.  After it finished glitching, I had minimal lag for a day.

No keyboard issues, I use the Gingerbread keyboard and it's great!.

0 Likes
ugljbmn

Uninstall Google Play Services.  Worked like a charm for me.

0 Likes