Any truth to the rumored update scheduled for next week?
Faafil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saw that P3Droid tweeted there is an update coming for the X next week - any VZ comments to confirm?

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath... :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Re: Any truth to the rumored update scheduled for next week?
bearone21
Legend

do you have one or are you just wondering?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
And this update is suppose to due what? Not being funny, I would like to know..
0 Likes
Faafil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wildman wrote:
And this update is suppose to due what? Not being funny, I would like to know..
P3Droid
P3Droid P3Droid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all I've heard - I do have a DX, and although have not experienced all the bugs with Gingerbread, I do have the restart issue and lose 3G connectivity pretty consistently. It's a stock DX, with only very few apps - bought it in February.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@Wildman - from the various forums I've seen this mentioned in (Moto, Drippler, Droidlife, etc.), the Unsubstantiated Rumours are that it is version .602 of GB 2.3.3 - presumably 2.3.4.   Suggested that it will have "fixes" to some/most/all/none (pick one) of the problems introduced with GB 2.3.3 v.596   ... But it is all speculation and rumours from what I can see ... maybe some wishful thinking by some.  And even a Verizon employee on THIS forum made a similar comment about "fix coming".   ymmv

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies. As of now we have not received any information about a software update coming to the Droid X. I do encourage you go sign up for email updates so you can be notified of any updates coming to your device in the future.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks for the update, sounds like some information to keep a eye on...

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman, Motorola has posted on their blog a sign up page for an update to the new Droid X2 in the near future. Several thousand users will get the update first with a percentage being in the Motorola test pool.  (I paraphrased a bit).

Other sources have said it is a .602 or .604 update of the .596 that will be very similar to the 2.3.4  GB on the new Droid 3. It will, supposedly, address many of the incompatibility and instability issues with the .596 update. This is hearsay.....other than what I've read for on the motorola.com sign up page for the software update. They were not specific about whether it was Gingerbread or not, but why would they need 'several thousand' people to test this update if it weren't GB and just a software patch. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have read a number of post about the Droid X2 getting the update soon but I have a habit not to expect anything until its presented to users..   The funny part is that some forums unrelated to manufactor or service provider seem to have more accurate info than the developers..  Thats just wild in my eyes but thats how things work...

0 Likes