Re: Any one received Froyo yet ? Still waiting for Froyo, time 11:30 PM EST, Aug 27, 10
yzf600
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish there was a way to remove all of that bloatware on the phone. Is it google or Verizon putting it on there, like the twitter apps, among other things?

0 Likes
Re: Any one received Froyo yet ? Still waiting for Froyo, time 11:30 PM EST, Aug 27, 10
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's both. i'm sure it's google that puts the google stuff in (gmail, etc) since google runs it. however, it's prolly vzn that puts others on (like city i.d., etc) and have deals worked out with them. it's really not that bad. there are only a handful of apps that can't be removed. and these are part of what subsidize the cost. these are $600 devices that you get for $200 or less if you have an upgrade. yes....your contract with vzn subsidizes the cost as well, but so does some of that bloatware.

0 Likes
yzf600
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im sure even at 200 a pop for these phones there is plenty of profit off of the 200. :smileyhappy: But yes I do agree that the applications they add subsidize some of the cost. Infrastructure cost alot to keep running, but I am more than sure their pockets are deep.

0 Likes