Any Droid X pro's in Utah?
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any one in the SLC Utah area?  I would like to learn more about some of the more technical options with the X.  Although I have read post's and instructions, looked at pictures I'm still a little leery.  Dont want to do anything that can hurt phone, ie. move wrong folder to wrong place or delete something the OS needs, (on sd card)

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Any Droid X pro's in Utah?
Wildman
Legend

rocknm wrote:

Is there any one in the SLC Utah area?  I would like to learn more about some of the more technical options with the X.  Although I have read post's and instructions, looked at pictures I'm still a little leery.  Dont want to do anything that can hurt phone, ie. move wrong folder to wrong place or delete something the OS needs, (on sd card)

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not near Utah but I just thought I would key in and let you know that all files used by the OS is usually protected so you shouldnt be able to delete any file that the OS uses, but you can delete files for 3rd party apps.and this usually only contain personal settings but there really isnt many reasons to delete any files off SD Card, so unless needed its wise not to delete anything that you are unsure what it does.

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want to clean it up a little and make it more user friendly for me.  And there's other things I want to dwell into that are a little over my head.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The random folders can be a little much but the folders created by system shouldnt be moved because they usually store informations for apps.  What I did was created a Personal Folder and placed all my files into that folder so when I decide to clean up sd card I hard reset and then delete all folders but my Personal Folder and a few backup folders that I backed up  app settings.

0 Likes