Anti virus program
phoneguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone recommend a good anitvirus program to downlaod for free or low cost program? I believe it would be a good idea to protect the phone...

0 Likes
Re: Anti virus program
T-ROCK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am pretty sure that it doesnt need one, something about it is an open source and any virus that comes in the phone will be closed out when you close the window. There is another thread like this, look under something like "Do I need antivirus" or something to that extent and youll see what I mean

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

phoneguy wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good anitvirus program to downlaod for free or low cost program? I believe it would be a good idea to protect the phone...

You do not need an antivirus program. open source programing is not very vulnerable to viruses.

0 Likes
M-L-S

I was concerned about virus'.  If you have your e-mail...etc.  I was on the Motorola Droid forum and it was suggested that Flexible was a good antivirus.  I went to my Verizon store and the guys that were Droid's either had it or looked at it and I am pleased with it so far.  Go to the Apps Market and look for flexiis.  It does antivirus, data back up and finds your phone if its missing.....also... get the Advanced Task Killer also.   They also suggested Advanced Task Killer...free in app market to kill things that "stay open" when you think they are not.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

supitsmike did a great post on this subject.  please search the website for it (at least 3 weeks old) and he really explains why you dont need one.

0 Likes