Another City ID beef
whybother1

Will the powers that be take any notice about this dang app?   I know it's part of the Incredible, but my 2 week trial is over.  I told it no.  And even though it's not displaying the city ID, the app STILL starts when I get a call.  With all the talk about the battery life of the incredible, you would think that the fewer useless apps that start would increase the battery life even just a little bit.   Do something to allow us to take this app off our phones.

0 Likes
Re: Another City ID beef
24c
Contributor - Level 1

...and all the other unwanted apps too........

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
City ID uses next to no memory when not used hence next to no battery. I agree its useless but on the other hand companies pay vzw to put crap on our phone and in return we somehow reap the benefits of lower monthly bills or something like that. I'm no company financial person, but I understand money.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dabubbakin wrote:
City ID uses next to no memory when not used hence next to no battery. I agree its useless but on the other hand companies pay vzw to put crap on our phone and in return we somehow reap the benefits of lower monthly bills or something like that. I'm no company financial person, but I understand money.

What companies pay verizon to put that kind of stuff? You mean to say like the pre-installed apps, those companies pay verizon to put it as a pre-install? That is lame!   Personally I don't like city ID unless it is for free.

dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I agree...
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dabubbakin wrote:
I agree...

On all Sprint phones there was the option to view what city the caller is in automatically on the phone. Actually I think it was the state. Someone would call and you could see the phone number and what state they are calling from.  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

TheGreatOne wrote:

dabubbakin wrote:
I agree...

On all Sprint phones there was the option to view what city the caller is in automatically on the phone. Actually I think it was the state. Someone would call and you could see the phone number and what state they are calling from.  

All phones I have had in the last 10 years or so, except for this one had location listed without an add'l charge.

0 Likes