Android Voice Actions
Philbert

Does anyone know know if there are any settings for this?  I only found the one to change the language.  On the official video it shows the Voice Action for playing music offers a selection of apps to listen with, but mine only goes to Pandora every time.

You can see it in the video here, at the 1 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Voice Actions
Wildman
Legend

Sent you a PM.... See if you can see the images there..

Not sure what you mean, I am viewing them fine....  Ok try the attachment below.

VAC.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like you set the default as Pandora and in order to change that goto Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Pandora/Clear Defaults and next time you run command you should get the list to select app, if you check "Use by Default for this action" the action will be used every time you run option.

0 Likes
Philbert

The defaults button is greyed out and it says "No defaults set".

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If Pandora is the default and you cant cleaer default setting then if you uninstall the app and then try voice opyion iy should prompt again for default... Select the one you want and make sure you check option yo make default and then reinstall Pandora and you should be all good.

0 Likes
Philbert

Are you required to have a default? I would hope it would just ask you each time.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

No, as soon as you clear the default the software will ask everytime until you select option to use as default.

0 Likes
Morkai
Enthusiast - Level 3
T obe clear. Once you clear the application it will ask you which app to use every time... Until you check the box at the bottom that says "use this as default". So clear your app and don't check that box.
0 Likes
Philbert

OK since there was no way to "clear" Pandora I tried uninstalling it and tried the "Listen to" action again.  This time it just gave me an error:

"Listen to..."

"In order to use this feature, download a music application which supoports this action from the Androuid Market.".

Looking at the video again it looks like this action only works with apps you've downloaded, not the included music player, so I wonder if it will work at all with your current music on the phone.  That's really the main reason I cared at all about this voice action.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Philbert wrote:

OK since there was no way to "clear" Pandora I tried uninstalling it and tried the "Listen to" action again.  This time it just gave me an error:

"Listen to..."

"In order to use this feature, download a music application which supoports this action from the Androuid Market.".

Looking at the video again it looks like this action only works with apps you've downloaded, not the included music player, so I wonder if it will work at all with your current music on the phone.  That's really the main reason I cared at all about this voice action.

I really never watched video until now and I also realized that it only work with online apps...  Here is screenshots of help for VA....

VA.png+VA1.png

0 Likes
Philbert

Looks like your  screenshots aren't working.

0 Likes