Android Market Force Close
Cubbs5209

My phone's firmware was recently updated, which I assume is in preparation for Android 2.3. Unfortunately, those updates have caused me to have to uninstall and reinstall most of my downloaded apps for them to function correctly.

However, as of about an hour ago, my Android Market will no longer allow me to download or reinstall apps. As soon as I choose to download the ap, I am prompted with a force close message. The process is com.android.vending.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have powered off, removed the battery, etc, and the problem remains. Is there any way to uninstall and reinstall the Android Market?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Market Force Close
Not applicable

It seems that a master reset will be the best option.  To answer your question directly – your data will not be erased when you do a reset on your phone.  As an extra precaution you should probably remove your SD card just to be safe.  Please repost if you have any other issues.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cubbs5209

I found out how to uninstall and reinstall the Android Market, yet the problem remains.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for contacting us regarding this error message. There isn’t a way to uninstall the market. What you can do is clear the cache on the market. Menu>setting>applications>manage applications>all> market> Clear cache. If that doesn’t fix your issue you may have to master reset your device.

0 Likes
Cubbs5209

None of those solutions worked. It seems as if a factory reset is the only immediate solution. I'd like to try and wait for Gingerbread, in hopes that the upgrade might resolve the problem. However, now that the end of Q2 has come and gone, and we still don't have Gingerbread, I'm no longer holding my breath.

Because of this, I have a question. I have apps installed on my phone, all of them on the SD card. If I do a factory reset to the phone, will this erase all of the saved data within those apps? ...even though they are installed on my SD card?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Not applicable

It seems that a master reset will be the best option.  To answer your question directly – your data will not be erased when you do a reset on your phone.  As an extra precaution you should probably remove your SD card just to be safe.  Please repost if you have any other issues.  Thank you.

0 Likes