Android 2.3 Update
NCPatriotRider
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading several topics concerning devices not working properly after getting this update, I do not want it. My device works fine the way it is. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I checked, my device is still 2.2.1,and that's the way I wish to keep it. Is there anyway to insure that my device does not automatically download, and install this update?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 2.3 Update
NCPatriotRider
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. 

I've been pleased with the performance of the device, just the way it is......

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/about phone/updates, uncheck auto updates.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

settings/about phone/updates, uncheck auto updates.

Sorry but that is incorrect, there is no such option, if the user opens the Settings / About Phone / Update it will activate the download process and then the user can not stop the download because it will nag the user after this menu is accessed....   Do not open this menu unless you want to install the update...

0 Likes
NCPatriotRider
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. 

I've been pleased with the performance of the device, just the way it is......

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you're correct, there is no such option in gb but in the old version/froyo, i unchecked auto update, on a recommedation from verizon cs, because i wanted to wait and see what folks had to say about the update before i downloaded it and it sounds like the op wants to do the same thing but not dl gb.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

you're correct, there is no such option in gb but in the old version/froyo, i unchecked auto update, on a recommedation from verizon cs, because i wanted to wait and see what folks had to say about the update before i downloaded it and it sounds like the op wants to do the same thing but not dl gb.

Hmmm,  I must have missed that option....   Something to remember and investigate more... Thanks for pointing this out..

0 Likes