Android 2.2 update
mikevo

I am looking to buy a DROID X and just heard about the Android 2.2 platform update for it.  My question is can this platform be added to any DROID X phone that already exists?  or do I have to wait for a whole new version of the DROID X to have the 2.2 added to it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 update
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

mikevo wrote:

I am looking to buy a DROID X and just heard about the Android 2.2 platform update for it.  My question is can this platform be added to any DROID X phone that already exists?  or do I have to wait for a whole new version of the DROID X to have the 2.2 added to it?

Thanks in advance.

When 2.2 update is released you will receive a notification on your phone telling you an update is available. You can choose either "update now" or "update later". You can't get 2.2 now because it is not available yet

0 Likes
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I heard 2.2 will be available next week.

0 Likes
JRLSNB
Contributor - Level 1

Friday, August 6 is what I am hearing.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

JRLSNB wrote:

Friday, August 6 is what I am hearing.

When 2.2. is about to be released I am sure there will be an announcement here on the forums (probably by Mark)

0 Likes
user46516
Enthusiast - Level 3

So what is so special about 2.2?

0 Likes
Metalheadzaid

Apart from the myriad of upgrades?

Flash (full on frontal baby).

JIT compiler = 2-5x increase on cpu heavy coding. Faster apps, launching, everything

V8 engine - 2x javascript increase. Faster web page loading.

Not to mention the random little changes that overall are making Android pick up to the fluidity  and pristine that IOS4 currently has.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just more features to make the phones even better. Check out this article-->2.2

0 Likes
mikevo

Thank you 

0 Likes
MrBricca

Do you know if 2.2. will be supported on the Droid Eris?  I'm at 2.1 and using the Google Music beta, but to use the app on my phone, I need Android 2.2. or higher...

Thanks...

0 Likes