Android 2.2 - Wireless Mobile Hot-Spot Functionality Inquiry
g0dhand

I've been checking through the support forums and the Droid Incredible support page regarding the new wireless mobile hot-spot functionality.

I can't seem to find out how much it costs ($/MB, or $/KB, etc) to use the functionality on my phone.

I've had the unlimited data plan since day zero of having the phone.  Does this plan include coverage for using the phone as a mobile hot spot?

Or, does using the mobile hot spot functionality provide me with additional, over-the-top charges?

Thanks all.

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 - Wireless Mobile Hot-Spot Functionality Inquiry
gb6195

additional $20 month, 5 gig usage

0 Likes
Count400

Isn't it $20 for 2 gig? And does it take you off unlimited and cap you at 2 gig?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=plans

scroll to the bottom. $20 for 2 gigs and $30 for 5 gigs. this is ON TOP of your $30 unlimited plan so you still have unlimited data on your phone, but are capped at 2 or 5 gigs for wireless tethering (the device feeding off of your phone is capped). so the minimum cast is $20 plus whatever you pay now.

0 Likes
LoSteel

And then stack on texting if you want that too.

The way we're billed is ridiculous.

Voice plan + data plan + broadband plan + text plan = GOUGED

I'll be dumping VZW for a carrier with an inclusive plan so I can use my smart phone the way it was meant to used (without going broke in the process)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

vzn has inclusive plans (my base plan includes unlimited text). every carrier adds for the wifi hot spot feature.

0 Likes
LoSteel

What plan is that then?

I have a family plan with 3 lines on it and they still want to charge me for text.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think it's called nationwide talk and text. they change their plans and bundling all the time, and i'll admit the are more expensive than others. but i am in phoenix and drive through the desert and the mountains often. vzn is the ONLY carrier that does not drop signals out here. my buddies with iphones have to borrow my phone EVERY tiem we get out on the golf course (and these are golf courses that are in town). i'm sure i could save $10-$15 with sprint or at&t but their network is just not good enough for me. and virgin is DIRT cheap....but good luck with that carrier. i know i pay more than some of my firends....and i'm happy to lend them my phone whone there' are rendered useless by their network :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
trunksy

Not on the Palm Pre Plus. There's no fee for wi-fi hotspotting.

0 Likes
aleka9230

any chance there will be an app to run the hotspot for free?

0 Likes