Android 2.2 Inquiry - Where is the option to download new applications to my SD card?
g0dhand

I don't know where to find the option that allows me to install downloaded apps to my SD card.  Where can I find this option?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 2.2 Inquiry - Where is the option to download new applications to my SD card?
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure about installing directly to the SD card but you can move an installed application to your SD card. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Then look for the app you wish to move to your SD card, select it and then press the "Move to SD Card" button.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 Inquiry - Where is the option to download new applications to my SD card?
thetaylors252

have seen it android central.  Have not used it, but many state it works fine.  about 98% have had no trouble, others however have.   Maybe because they had rooted before and had not returned to stock.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm not sure if you can do that. you can back them up to the sd card by using a file manager like astro or estrongs. but i always thought they were talking about directly installing new apps to the sd card with froyo????

0 Likes
thetaylors252

you willdownload file to sd card using phone or you can use computer then cop/paste file tosd card.  once you have it on sd card you rename it to update and then follow the steps that they have posted.  this is a capured ruu that someone got during their update.  not sure how they did it but its there.

0 Likes
thetaylors252
0 Likes
thetaylors252
0 Likes
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure about installing directly to the SD card but you can move an installed application to your SD card. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Then look for the app you wish to move to your SD card, select it and then press the "Move to SD Card" button.

0 Likes
g0dhand

Thank you.  This is what I was looking for.  It looks like the functionality here doesn't actually allow you the option of choosing whether or not all/one app(s) are automatically installed to the SD card, but the actual Sense settings allow you to move an installed application from the phone's memory to an SD card attached to the device.

Thanks for your solution.  Much appreciated. =]

0 Likes
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

One thing I did notice is that not all the applications have the option to move to the SD Card, some of them do and some don't. Don't know what the criteria is for applications to be able to be moved to the SD Card.

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

They need to be built into the application for it to move to SD card.  Older programs cannot be moved to the SD card without being built to run on the 2.2 framework.  Unfortunately, it's the case.  Give it some time, im pretty sure future app's will be able to move to the SD card.

0 Likes