Re: Android 2.2 Froyo
GeekGuy

scottb8888 wrote:

This chatter looks like a bunch of kids on line.  If only Verizon/ Motorol would release a statement as to th delay and new expected delivery, they could be alot more helpful to their customers.

There was NO delay.

First....stop listening to rumors.

Second, look at the facts.  The planned release has always been late summer....this is from the official sources - Motorola & Verizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

scottb8888 wrote:

This chatter looks like a bunch of kids on line.  If only Verizon/ Motorol would release a statement as to th delay and new expected delivery, they could be alot more helpful to their customers.

Would you be happy if they told you the samething everyday until they finished?  It's obvious they are not done with it. They said sometime near the end of summer.  End of Summer officially is September 21.  So honestly I would expect it no later than Mid October.

0 Likes
bigman189

I think that all of these post could be avoided if vzw would keep us more informed on what is going on with the update its not fair to keep us in the dark forced to check on it and complain in this way if they would just keep there customers in the loop as to why its not out or tell us in an update on there website as to were they are with it no one would post this. I think this is vzw who should be blamed not for the update being out but for there lack of keeping us informed and telling us in a vague way late summer. All I want is flash atleast give us that or tell us more about why we don't have it yet and update when they may have it with a constant part of the website telling us were it is and in what process and when we should expect it.

0 Likes
GeekGuy

bigman189 wrote:

I think that all of these post could be avoided if vzw would keep us more informed on what is going on with the update its not fair to keep us in the dark forced to check on it and complain in this way if they would just keep there customers in the loop as to why its not out or tell us in an update on there website as to were they are with it no one would post this. I think this is vzw who should be blamed not for the update being out but for there lack of keeping us informed and telling us in a vague way late summer. All I want is flash atleast give us that or tell us more about why we don't have it yet and update when they may have it with a constant part of the website telling us were it is and in what process and when we should expect it.

So...you want them to spend their resources to keep you up-to-date.

We were told when the update is supposed to be available.  We are owed nothing more thatn that.  If that time changes, they will tell us.

As for flash....try search....you will find when you will be able to use it.

0 Likes
bigman189

So your answer is that we are all informed and that vzw that sold me this phone with a promise it would be able to use flash by late summer and I have no idea when in late summer will be and they just let us all listen to the rumors or some go as far as using a leaked version of it I spend a lot on my phone and just want to be better informed on what is going on with an update they said we would get without having to keep going to rumors on the web about it so yes they should use some resources on it they are a big company and can take sometime to keep us up on what is going on.I also looked for flash and it said that if i have 2.2 i will be able to use it or atleast download it so i need 2.2 first.

0 Likes
mjtimko
I am going to side with bigman189 here. All of this could be solved by verizon keeping us informed. As he bigman said, put it on the website or better how about a forum topic. That does not cost them any of their precious resources as they should already have people tasked to website development and maintenance.

Ultimately, I have 2 smart phones and 2 feature phones sharing a pool of 1400 minutes. I pay Verizon $214 a month.

I think they can distribute some of what I an others pay them handsomely to keep us informed.
0 Likes
GeekGuy

We will be given the information when it is available.   It is pretty much as simple as that.

Perhaps if you do not like how business is transacted with Verizon, you should use another carrier.  I can pretty much tell you it will be the same.

They told us when to expect it.  That time has not passed.  I really do not see where there is an issue.

0 Likes
burpootus

The Droid X is my first smartphone. I bought it on launch day. It was advertised to have 2.2 "late summer". It was for all intents and purposes marketed as a 2.2 device. Everything I remember seeing in the advertisements mentioned the pending 2.2 update. The X was a flagship phone, the same as the upcoming D2, it was really down to whether you wanted a slider, larger screen, more RAM, HDMI out, etc. Then I started using my phone and I noticed that it had issues, like WIFI constantly disconnecting, a speaker so muted that I couldn't talk on speaker with the phone in the car dock and hear the other person speaking, etc, these problems have been widely reported, no need to rehash it all here. No need to take it back to Verizon, right, many many people have these issues, and the phone is backordered so I can't get a replacement even if a replacement would correct these issues. And I thought, well I really like this phone, if they fix these issues with the update that's just around the corner, before summer is over. And the update will also have flash, the new Java engine, etc. Late summer is an ambiguous term. I'm not a Meteorologist or an Astronomer, I don't keep up with the technical aspects of the earth's yearly travels around the sun. Summer to me is June, July, and August. The kids are out of school in the summer. When college football season starts, and its after Labor Day, it's the beginning of Fall. So obviously now the update has been delayed. The same ambiguity that allows them to push the update out really at any time...they didn't say it would be by late summer of 2010, it could be late summer of 2011 and they wouldn't break any agreements...that same ambiguity allows me as a customer to have expected it by the end of August, when everybody around where I live commonly refer to summer as ended. Now I am past my 30 day return period. I read things on the web that make me question my earlier "it goes without saying that the X is a flagship phone equal to the D2", ill conceived notion. I have to question why the updates have been delayed. It is probable that the hardware of the X has problems. I wish I'd known then what I know now. There aren't dual flagship phones, there's one, and it's called the D2. Not that I wanted the flagship phone for any bragging rights, in a few months even the D2 will be eclipsed, I simply wanted the most bang for my buck and for it to last as long as possible. This episode has left me as an unhappy customer.

0 Likes
cpousn

Just got off the phone with verizon tech support was given the Tier 3 number for motorola 1-866-721-5480.

0 Likes
bklynkid521
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some of these people in this forum acts like either they work for Verizon, or that Verizon is paying their bills.So all of the kissing is pathetic. People just would like to know when they will receive the froyo update, so there is no reason to bash people because of a question. If you really want the update sooner then just google it. but truthfully I havent seen much difference except that you can use the flash player. I havent had a problem with my sound so I really dont notice a difference.

{word filter avoidance}

0 Likes