All sounds fail to play
fingersmagoo

Hello,

All of my sounds will fail to play until a reboot of the phone.  This includes Pandora, music on the SD Card, built in ringtones, alarms, etc.  This did not start happening until about 2 weeks ago when an update was pushed.  This is a big issue being I use my phone for everything. (Email, Text, Alarm Clock, etc)  What is the fix for this?

Android version 2.3.4

Build Number 4.5.1_57_DX8-51

0 Likes
Re: All sounds fail to play
SalesGOD

I have the same issue with my Droid X.  It happens sometime during the night (after 9:00pm CDT) and then no sound will play afterwards until I pull the battery and reset the phone.  The only app I have loaded in the last 4 weeks has been scramble with friends.  I have uninstalled it to see if that is the problem.  Otherwise, it may be some issue caused by the last update.

0 Likes
rebaceb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem since the last update as well. All sounds fail until I restart my phone. I have tried removing the battery and waiting. I have also tried the factory reset. What gives?

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

My phone started having sound issues in mid-April.  I stopped by the corporate store and they looked through my apps. Since I was still having the problems I was able to initiate a warranty replacement.  I have had it happen again a couple of times with the new phone also.  I was told that it was most probably an app causing the issue.  I downloaded a very limited amount of apps and kept track of which apps as well as any issues.  It has happened twice since  but not in any close proximity of time to when an app was downloaded.  Then this week a co-worker brought me her X complaining of the same issue.  She told me she hasn't downloaded ANY apps in months.

It would be great to have a resolution, the only suggestion I received since was that it might be an up that had an update or an app that isn't playing nicely with the others! 

0 Likes
SalesGOD

When I removed the Scramble with Friends app, I have not had a problem since.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Hmm, I  have had that one since I had the problem. I noticed today that it had an update, hopefully this will resolve the issue.  Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't had any sound issues since the update to the Scramble with Friends, yay!

0 Likes