Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
After phone was dropped 2 feet, the screen now shows distorted
SB1234
Newbie

I can see items on my screen as mirrors or having extra lines & distortions.  I could still access everything on the phone.

I tried to go through the troubleshooter for Motorola on the Verizon website on 2 different computers but they never recognized the phone.  I just did a factory reset and now it seems like I have dead spots on my phone (couldn't fill things in from the keyboard area) and there is occasional ghost whiting occurring.  There is no external physical damage, the phone is less than 3 months old.

I did go to a Verizon store and was told they could do nothing and said that if I wanted to send to Motorola to look for internal damage, it could cost over $200 (the phone is currently valued at just over $100).

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: After phone was dropped 2 feet, the screen now shows distorted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's never a good experience when dealing with a potentially damaged device, SB1234. It sounds like there is no external damage, but there certainly seems like there might be some internal damage. I understand the issue started after the phone was dropped, correct? Does the screen always appear this way now? Do you recall if your phone is insured?


JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: After phone was dropped 2 feet, the screen now shows distorted
SB1234
Newbie

Yes, the issue started after the drop and it continues to show screen distortions.  I do not have insurance on the phone.  I would think most phones could handle a small fall without this type of damage, my previous phones have not been so fragile.

0 Likes
Re: After phone was dropped 2 feet, the screen now shows distorted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Drops are dangerous, SB1234. It seems like 98% of the time you can drop your device and it is fine. On the other hand,  it’s that 2% where it drops just right and breaks. When a device has a crack in the screen, it will normally work well for a while but then dust and moisture start to get into the device and causes all sort of problems like display mirroring or ghosting. Do you have an upgrade available? The Droid Turbos have a quad core processor and are amazing. We also have payment plans now so its not so much out of pocket.


AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport


If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes