After 2.2 update my phone vibrates when I turn it off
jannac

Hi: After the 2.2 update,  when I turn off my phone it vibrates.  It used to play my notification "Moonbeam".  I have gone to 'settings" & turned off the vibrate & the phone still vibrates when I turn it off.  I hate that feature.  Also the google bar is showing on my husband's home screen & get get it off either. 

Can anyone help with these issues.

Thanks

jannac

0 Likes
Re: After 2.2 update my phone vibrates when I turn it off
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know WHy anyone would want a musical notification to play when the phone shuts off, but to each his own. The vibrate seems to be the default and I LOVE it. Silent on, silent off. I don't need those seated around me knowing when i turn on or off my phone. As for the Google bar, I think that's a default too --- no way to delete it that I know.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Are you talking about the search widget?  You should be able to long press anything on the home screen and drag it to the trash can that appears at the bottom

0 Likes
Not applicable
Why are these issues?
0 Likes
rpdl62

I, Also am curious why the phone HAS TO vibrate when turned off. My Droid vibrates and my wife's vibrates and says "Droid" when turned off - yet both settings are exactly the same. While these may not be "functionality" issues, I may term them "preferance" issues or maybe term them "curious concerns" and would appreciate the answer(s) if they can or cannot be controlled.

God Bless ALL,

Rob62/rpdl62

0 Likes
jannac

I guess it's just a matter of opinion.  I just liked it the old way. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I've got a different phone. I never had an option to set a musical tone for when my phone turns on. :smileysurprised:  My phone always just vibrates when it comes on even if it is set to silent. Can't find a way to change it either.

0 Likes
rpdl62

Thanks for your thoughts "The Great One" and, if I happen to miss the exact date, Happy "Birth Anniversary" :smileysurprised:)

~ God Bless ALL ~

Rob62/rpdl62

0 Likes