Adding line to account - Can I activiate the Droid X to my line also?
emill

Sorry for the confusing subject title. Here is the situation:

I am going to add my girlfriend to my exisiting Verizon account, she will be added on as another line. She doesn't have Verizon service.

She wants the Droid X. Right now, the Droid X is buy one get one free. So if she goes onto my account, purchases the Droid X, gets one free. Can I use the other Droid X on my line? I want to switch from my Droid to the Droid X. Will it work?

0 Likes
Re: Adding line to account - Can I activiate the Droid X to my line also?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

emill wrote:

Sorry for the confusing subject title. Here is the situation:

I am going to add my girlfriend to my exisiting Verizon account, she will be added on as another line. She doesn't have Verizon service.

She wants the Droid X. Right now, the Droid X is buy one get one free. So if she goes onto my account, purchases the Droid X, gets one free. Can I use the other Droid X on my line? I want to switch from my Droid to the Droid X. Will it work?

To be eligible for the BOGO, your line will need to be eligible for an upgrade.  Both lines will then have to sign new 2 year contracts.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Yup.  As stated above, your line will need to be eligible and you'd need to renew your contract to take advantage of the bogo.  If you aren't eligible, you can add another line to the account for the second droid x as long as you don't already have 5 lines on a family plan.  Then you can activiate a dumb phone on the 3rd line and the droid x on yours.  It would end up being 9.99 extra + taxes/fees for the term of the 2 year contract though.

0 Likes
qweewq11

Why spend so much? AW sells the Droid X for $20...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I believe that's only for new lines of service and most of those 3rd party retailers have their own terms and conditions that you need to watch for.  Not to mention it's unlikely you'll get free help for transferring numbers, etc if you walk into a verizon store with a phone purchased elsewhere.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I ended up with an extra $9.99 line, so I put my old RAZR phone on it and use it as my "home phone." I bought a docking station from Phone Labs to connect it to my "in-house" phone lines. I put my primary phone number on it, and forward it to my Droid. This way, we can call out on any of our home phones and I never miss a call. I can always unforward it if I want to receive calls on our in-house phones.
0 Likes