Accounts and Sync, delete/disable and other questions.
VZHawaii

If Auto Sync is enabled in "Settings->Accounts & Sync" then all 4 accounts sync.

Backup Assistant, Facebook for HTC Sense, Google, Weather.

If you enable on you enable all.  That doesn't make sense.  How do you delete or disable the accounts you are not interested in syncing every day?

You can add accounts "Exchange ActiveSync", "Facebook", "Flickr", and Twitter. 

Backup Assistant, Facebook for HTC Sense and google are selected but there seems to be no way to unselect them.

Backup Assistant isn't working so I want to disable it.  Google has my contacts backed up already anyway why do I care about backup assistant unless I want to switch to a non-google phone?  I would like to get it working for this purpose but then I only need to sync once before I switch not every day which is the only frequency option available.

What's the difference between "Facebook for HTC Sense" and Facebook which can be added ?

If I disable "Google" does that disable my mail or just the contacts sync?

0 Likes
Re: Accounts and Sync, delete/disable and other questions.
aibrean

If you click on the name you can change the sync (expanded sync options). On Facebook I have Sync Live feed and Sync Contacts off so it doesn't sync at all.

Google is your entire account. When you click on it you have the option to disable calendar, contacts, and mail (3 options).

0 Likes
VZHawaii

how about Backup Assistant.  I see no way to turn that off.  I really don't need this one at all.  Like I said maybe once when I but a new phone that isn't android but if it doesn't start working then not even then will I need it.

0 Likes
smbeach

If you choose in the future to change to a non-Google phone, export via computer your Google address book to a .csv file. You should be able to import the .csv file into Outlook or another computer address book, then hopefully be able to import to whatever phone you may use at that time or just sync to Outlook if you use that.

0 Likes
VZHawaii

Thanks but my question wasn't how to export my contacts.  My question is how do I disable the daily Backup assistant sync.  I don't want it to run every day, and I don't want to disable all the other syncs to turn of just this one.

Why can't we delete/disable backup assistant ?

0 Likes