Accepting meeting invite accepts as someone else
jennifog

When I accept a meeting invite on my Incredible, it sends the acceptance as if I were someone else.  That person is always another person invited to the meeting.  The only way that I knew is that someone asked me how I was accepting as the President of my company.  I then opened Outlook on my computer and can see that it lists another invitees name as the From in my meeting acceptance.  How in the world does this happen and how do I fix it?  I am using the standard mail app.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Accepting meeting invite accepts as someone else
Not applicable

That could get frustrating.  I'm assuming if you are using the stock mail app on the phone, this is your Corporate Email setup because it is syncing with Outlook on the computer.  Something could have been corrupted with your phone syncing with the Corporate Email account, but it should be able to be fixed as this is not a known issue.  I would recommend removing the email setup altogether and setting up from scratch.  

Follow these steps:

1)  Go to settings> applications> manage applications> change filter to all at the top> find your email application (be listed as

mail)> select all the buttons that are lit up (Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache). 

2) Go to settings> accounts & sync> and make sure that your corporate account is removed from this list.  If it's still listed, touch

and hold on the account name and choose remove account. 

3) Go to settings> accounts & sync> add account> Exchange ActiveSync. Note: You may need to get your IT department involved

if you are unsure of all of the settings.  

Let us know if that helps!

0 Likes