Re: ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE
scottshad

Well it is 0700 on the 18th and still no 2.2 are they going to wait until 2359 (11:59PM) to send out all of the updates????

Come on already lets get it done!

0 Likes
NipperSpot

I called Verizon Customer Support (611) and they told me that Motorola controls the Android 2.2 updating process, there is no particular order that Motorola sends out the update to Android phones.  The local Verizon store informed me that the 2.2 Update has been put on hold until later this year due to numerous bugs in 2.2 causing problems.  However, I am not sure if that was a past report about 2.2 update or a current report where the 2.2 update has stopped.

With all the problems I keep having the Droid phone, I am about ready to go back to a regular phone with no data package required.  My Droid phone has been replaced numerous times and the hassles of replacement with setting up the phone again and again, it is almost not worth it.

0 Likes
Jay2l4u

He said she said...They all Lie.. My friend just got the update this morning Jax FL. REALLY all the hype about 2.2 didn't impress me very much.

0 Likes
Big_Daddy1

Upstate NY (Hudson Valley) woke up to update.  Installed no problem.

0 Likes
CYPjus4mee

I got my DROID the end of Feb..I recall b/c my niece had an Doctor's appt on Feb 23, 2010..and her baby boy was born the next day. I received my DROID by mail on Feb 23rd.

2day is August 18, 2010 ( the so called last day 4 updates) and I still have yet 2 receive mine. What is the TRU deal here?

0 Likes
vw1994

I got my phone in November..literally it was less than a week from when the phone was released. I just got my update last night sometime (8/17/2010)...I know people who got the update few wks ago and only had their Droids for a couple months. So ya what they told you was absolute **bleep**. I was told I'd have my update 2 wks ago..so ya they tell you what you want to hear since they don't have to deal with you again if you call. LIP SERVICE.

Allison in Cape Cod MA

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

There seeme to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which people are receiving their OTA's.

I only just got this Droid two months ago to the day. In fact two, one for me and one for my son.

Both phones were purchased the same day and reside on the same billing contract.

My update came two days ago, while he's still waiting. :robottongue:

People who have had their phones a lot longer than I have are still waiting. 

Anyway... It was worth the wait...

0 Likes
nubudu

I purchased my droid on the day they first went on sale. No update here yet. It is a little frustrating. Some kind of update from Verizon would be nice.

0 Likes
anth9217

Bought 2 Droids at the same time (buy one, get one). One received the update early this morning, the other has yet to receive it.

0 Likes
luckyrocker

I got my update today @ 1200pm EST

Springfield, Ohio

purchased my phone on august 4th 2010

Android version 2.2

Build Number FRG01B

0 Likes