ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE
bonnrulz

Ok people- after reading all the blogs and posts in regards to the Froyo update and checking my Droid once every 3 minutes for the past 2 weeks I finally decided to call customer service to see if I could get some answers! Here is what I was told-"The updates are being done in the order that the phones were purchased." Now I am not saying I believe or don't believe that answer so I am asking people that have received the update to reply with when their Droid was purchased!  Judging by the answers so far I would guess that the answer they gave me was {please keep your posts courteous}! I am not surprised - You would think that both Verizon and Motorola or maybe even Google would post updates on things like this so everyone would know what is going on! I am sure if they did it would make things easier on their call centers and eliminate the need for the customer service reps. to lie!

0 Likes
Re: ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE
mess472
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I remember correctly I got mine either January or Feb 2010, No update as of yet for me 

0 Likes
bdong625

I got mine early December 2009. Still waiting for an update.

0 Likes
KingBledsoe

I bought my Droid in November 2009.

0 Likes
scottshad

WOW, I got my (ours) in March, so, I am really going waiting if you all got yours in December-January...

Well, I guess I will quit holding my breath----hmm it always worked when I was a kid, 50 years ago Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cbell23

That's a bunch of **bleep**!!!  Someone came up with that answer to shut ppl up and stop them from calling in asking about it.  I got my droid the 3rd day they were out!  So it shouldn't take til the last day of the rollout to get it!  I'd be happier if they came out with a statement or sent me a text saying, "hey, look, we're still having issues with it, be patient and once we get all the kinks out, we'll send it out to everyone".  I'd be happy with that answer than this speculation garbage!  If they really think that keeping the Droid 1 customers lingering about the 2.2 update is going to force me to get the droid 2 just because it has it already, well they need to fire they're marketing team and start over!  This is bad business! 

0 Likes
zunder

Sounds like lies to me. I got my Droid the minute Best Buy opened up on the 1st day they were available; and no update for me yet.

0 Likes
gwailo
december 13th i belive. i got the update yesterday morning... flash is still not supported and if you use the docking stationg the display is all fubar.... /:
0 Likes
hoskins

I would have to say this is a lie...my husband and I both got our Droids in February and he got his update on 8-11-10 and I still have not received mine :smileysad:

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Mid Dec 2009. 2.1
0 Likes