A clue to the 'no data' issue?
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

This should be for VZW tech support to take note: The pattern I've noticed, is that when I get the dreaded 'no data connectivity' box popping up, my signal strength can be strong but yet I show no signal type by the signal bars (3G, 4G, 1X). Until a signal type shows up, I can never get data regardless of how many bars I've got. This pattern seems to repeat every time I can't get data. This seems to happen in either solid 3G areas or mixed 3G & 4G areas.

Anyone else notice this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: A clue to the 'no data' issue?
Not applicable

@ vidguy7

Please PM your number and I can escalate the issue for you.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try adding a application that displays both the CDMA and EDVO signal strength. I don't know if there is one that will display the LTE signal strength yet.

This is one. I
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.moddedlogic.android.SignalStatus

I also like one called "Real Signal" if you can find it on the Market. It seems to have disappeared recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

Ann, I installed the app you suggested and I see (at least now in my house) that the CDMA signal strength runs less than the EVDO signal strength.  This is interesting, but it stil doesn't explain why in the same spot at the same time a 3G-only phone such as the Iphone has no trouble with data while the Charge does.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
See what the EDVO signal strength is when you lose your data connection and you can see the difference between then and when you do have data.

The EDVO will drop to a -125 dbm. Why it happens, I still don't know.

My Tbolt drops data periodically at work many times during the week. Usually I can flip to the available wifi connection until the data connection returns.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

That leads me back to my original assertion, all of the current 4G phones and/or their ability to interface with the current iteration of VZW 4G, are flawed.  Just no other way to explain why, regardless of signal strength, a 3G-only phone should be able to have a successful data connection at the same time & place as an unsuccessful data connection of a 4G phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ vidguy7

Please PM your number and I can escalate the issue for you.  Thank you.

0 Likes