6.01.605.05 710RD update problem
dirtgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday (6/18/2012) my phone rec'd maintenance update 6.01.605.05 710RD. Since this update my contacts pics no longer show in my sms app. I have little gray boxes beside all my message threads. Before the update, everyone's contact pics showed with their messages. Does anyone else have this problem? Can I uninstall this last update? It might be ok for some, but I find it extremely irritating not to have the contact pics with the sms text messages. Any help/suggestions welcome. I actually backed up and returned my phone to factory last night and that did not help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: 6.01.605.05 710RD update problem
Jham0401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything to fix it. Guess its just the update. Don't think you can uninstall the update but they should fix it at some point.

0 Likes
trez058

I'm having the same problem.  If anyone has suggestions, I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

0 Likes
jenafrica

I too, am having the same problem since the update. Additionally, my screen timeout does not always work, and my battery drains. It would be great if there was a way to roll it back.

0 Likes
RainMan_JH

Just to add to this I also am having the same issue.  Seems like a silly thing to have happen and I would have thought someone would have caught this before sending out a update.

0 Likes
bigmpowerstroke
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am to having the same issue but my htc sense does not work at all when i unlock the phone none of the sense stuff works

BRiley84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue where it locks up and none of the sense stuff work, and it seems to still be updating?  This is nuts, I mean , right now I am waiting for call backs for possible jobs.

0 Likes
imthe1who

Adding myself to the list. It is rather annoying.I think mine might be a bit different tho. The contact pics are blank in the main messaging screen but if I click on a conversation they're pictures come back. Just not at the main menu. Call me crazy but it's harder to select the right person a bit. I've tried to resync my google contacts but nothing. I've tried removing the photo and changing it but that still doesn't work. Grrrr I say!

0 Likes
dmvcomics

Just adding myself to the list of people who have encountered problems.  Same exact issue as imthe1who-- no contact photos in the main messaging screen, but they come back after that.  It's really not the end of the world, but it is quite annoying... Mine aren't synced through Google or Facebook-- just manually added through the phone.

0 Likes
dirtgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes imthe1who, that is exactly what happens!! Pics inside with the actual thread, but no pics on the main screen. And totally agree it makes it difficult for some reason to grab the right conversation quickly and efficiently. I too tried all the same things you did, finally resorting to factory reset with no success. Grrrrr is right!! And RainMan_JH is also right -- you would think someone would notice before sending the update out!! Sheez.

0 Likes