Re: 4G disconnecting constantly???
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the new SIM card for about a week and I'm still seeing the same issues. Next steps for me are getting a phone replacement but the ubm0158 post above makes me wonder if it'll make a difference.

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

ubm0158:

Why do you feel, "The problem is in the phone (and it is not a Motorola problem)" and do you have a possible solution besides replacing the Bionic with a different phone?  I'm open to any solution recommendations...

I still have to perform a power-down-up cycle two or three times each week.  I can live with this, but it does not make me happy with Verizon...which is where the problem likely exists.  Their phones should consistently work as designed on their network.

0 Likes
dmw1

I have had the Bionic since October, 2011.  After a couple of firmware updates, MOTO and Verizon finally got it right.  I could go a full month with no problems....till 905.X875 came out.  Phone is crap with this update.  In addition to the constant data connection issues, the widely noted hiss-ing sound returned when earphones are plugged into the phone's jack.  Even the GPS radio has been badly impacted by the 905 update as it can take 5 minutes for a GPS lock.  Never had any GPS radio issues till 905 was pushed.  I am out of contract and will never go back to MOTO if they don't get this bad firmware update fixed fast. 

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that you mention it, I have noticed that the Google Maps and Google Navigation do take longer to find a satellite. That would only take a few seconds before the latest update.

0 Likes
drteeth14

I have an HTC Thunderbolt... I have been having the same problem in San Diego, and previously in San Francisco, for about the past 2-3 months. Did a cross country trip, was fine in the middle of the country. Thought it maybe was resolved, but once I got back into Phoenix/San Diego areas, started again. Went to the VZW store, and they replaced the SIM card on the spot. Did not fix it, technician suggested doing a hard reset. But through my research, that won't fix the problem either.

and if phones from different manufacturers are having a similar issue, I think it would be safe to assume its a VZW network issue that needs to be resolved. And we should be refunded our money for paying for a service that we can't use, but good luck with that right....

0 Likes
Sarare

So I have the Bionic and for about 3 months now I have had 4G issues.

It goes like this...

4G is blue and up and running while the phone is on the home screen..."Hey facebook looks fun let's get on there"

BOOM 4G goes out the instant I try to load facebook, or any sort of Internet based app. (Browser/Twitter...)

This is in the Bay Area (San Jose specifically). My buddy has a Bionic and is in Minnesota and is having the same issue, the same with my mother who is in Portland, OR (she has a Droid 4) All motorola phones.

I called Verizon yesterday and explained all this and they are going to be sending me a Galaxy Nexus. (they wanted to do the Razr, but with battery and the fact that it is a Moto phone I wanted to try a different Brand).

Thanks for sending me a new phone, and I hope this changes my issues, but I doubt it will sadly Smiley Sad

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

They're sending me a new phone but I didn't get to choose: I'm just getting another Bionic. Did they give you a choice or you asked for it? If I have issues with the replacement, I'll ask that they replace it with another phone - a Galaxy Nexus would do just fine.

0 Likes
Sarare

They said a new Bionic at first but I asked about a different Brand because I knew a few other Bionics and other Motorola devices that had issues and the lady had to get it approved by her supervisor.

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's helpful. I like the phone so hopefully my new one works out. Good luck with yours!

0 Likes
jsm031087

Hey! please let us know if that's any help because that same connection problem ..."Hey facebook looks fun let's get on there" and BOOM no connection, happens to me 8.5/10 times (plus ANY other data using app) and i'm at my whits end!!!

0 Likes