Re: 4G disconnecting constantly???
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem that everyone has been talking about.  I've been calling and complaining since early this year.  Like you, I did not get the Bionic last September just to keep it in CDMA only mode.  After 905 I started calling continually - went through the hard reset and reinstall everything (TWICE), then installed a new SIM, then VZN sent me a new phone.  NOTHING worked.  Finally, I get a tech that tells me it's a known problem with the Bionic and that Moto is working on it but they have no idea when it's going to be resolved.  So I've agreed to let them send me a Razr in exchange for my Bionic.  I've got my fingers crossed that things will be different (not sure how ICS will play into this, but I've seen a lot of good comments from folks that got Razrs with ICS pre-loaded).  I can get an upgrade in May according to the website, so I'll be paying attention to reviews on current and upcoming phones.

0 Likes
Sarare

It did not help. 4G is still down after trying to use different apps. I heard from a VZW store employee that he had the issue and unistalled the Fbook app and it made it work, so I tried that and it did not help either. I am going to be calling again to talk to them about the issue.

0 Likes
jsm031087

Wow that stinks! Smiley Sad i haven't had my phone for more than 2 months and i'm about to go bonkers. Thanks for the response!

0 Likes
dmw1

I have been on forums and boards like this for months. Majority opinion is Verizon has an authentication problem with their LTE network.  Why they keep replacing SIM cards.  Some of their tech's say the LTE network requires constant check-in's and when a check-in fails data connectivity is lost.  Some times turning on and off Air Plane mode works, other times gotta do a complete shut down.  Also have read that MOTO phones have the biggest problem with the Bionic being by far the worst. Many tech editors are now calling it the worst LTE phone released to date - good hardware, terrible connectivity. My problem...I have the desk dock, car dock, extra batteries and a battery charger.  Verizon doesn't replace accessaries when they release a lemon phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Sarare

Truth. I had the Laptop or whatever it's called for the Bionic (WebTop?), extended battery, car dock etc....sad to lose all that.

I got the Galaxy Nexus as a replacement, had the same issues, just took it into a store and they replaced the SIM and it did nothing. Did a factory reset, it did nothing. Now they are sending me another Nexus. I am just laughing at this whole situation. Will update again when I get the new device...

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

It is a network problem. Calling tech support, swapping sim cards is nothing 

but a waste of time. Verizon knows of the problem,although they will not 

admit to it. Changing phones will not fix the problem either. The first 

thing you have to do is (Edited post to comply with VZW Community ToS)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
eelinares
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the Galaxy Nexus they sent you have ICS? And, you still had problems with it? I have a friend that has the Moto RAZR with the same issues as us, but the ICS update fixed them. My hope was that ICS would fix the issues for us as well, but given your post maybe that wont happen.

By the way, the new Bionic I got is still having the same issues. I'll be calling tech support this coming week to see what I can try next - maybe a RAZR.

0 Likes
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI, the RAZR they sent me was refurbed (expected) with ICS preloaded.  After heavy use Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I've not lost data connectivty.  I don't know if I can say this out loud, but having a different phone seems to have done the trick.  Now I just need to find someone to buy the extended battery I bought a little over a week ago...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From what I've read on this and other forums, it was probably ICS that did the trick.

0 Likes
Sarare

The Nexus did come with ICS but no, it did not fix my issue. They are sending me a new Nexus today. If that doesn't work I am going to see if the SIII is reachable for me to get. Because this is BS.

0 Likes