Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has finally confirmed that ICS has been approved for the Bionic. It's only a matter of days now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup it might be the Right Solution for Every One i'll keep my Fingers Crossed for Ya all Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Aggie94
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, now that I've done that (Clear the System Cache), I can no longer connect my phone to my laptop via USB--for charging or anything.  Phone acts like it doesn't see the computer.

It'll charge connected to the wall, but I often have to charge it at my desktop during the workday.

Help!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you do a Soft Reset on the Phone After the Cache Clear ? Try that

0 Likes
Aggie94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for my ignorance, but is that power off, remove battery & sim card, wait 30 secs, reinstall & restart?  If so, I've done that.

BTW, I did call Tech Support after doing the "clear cache" because that didn't seem to make a difference in the data connection, and they "reset the register" where my phone connects to their system.  Could that have changed some setting on my phone?  I wouldn't think so, but jus' askin'....

0 Likes
Flatulus

I have a family member that works in a Verizon Wireless technical support call center.

An OTA software update is being released today and will be pushed out over the next week to fix this connection issue.

0 Likes
Aggie94
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
B33
Legend

On your Bionic you can remove the Battery and i would do it while the Phone is on and while the battery is out then i'd push in on the Power button for at Least 20 to 30 Secs  but removing the Sim is not Necessary

0 Likes
Flatulus

That's pretty much the first thing anybody tries when troubleshooting the phone. I'm quite sure most people in this thread have already done that. 

I've had my device replaced 3 times and the SIM card twice and the issue has not resolved.  It's obviously a bigger issue than a battery pull will fix.

0 Likes
Aggie94
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33 is responding to me...great help in my ignorance.

BTW, the soft reset as described worked to get my phone to connect to the computer, so thanks a ton, B33.

Now, off to check for that OTA ICS update again....

0 Likes