3g data slow and just stops working.......
DarkElf2001

I am having terrible 3g data connection issues.

It loads extremely slow when browsing and will just stop receiving data after a few minutes when streaming music or video.

I have eliminated it being a phone issue by taking a second Droid 2 I have and activating it.

Still the same crappy data problems.

I have full cell reception.

WiFi works great. 3g is inconsistent.

Are there any setting I can tweek to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: 3g data slow and just stops working.......
DarkElf2001

Got a speed test app and no matter where i test from, I am getting 300 down and 450 up.

I will be in a different area (different cell tower) and will post speeds then.

me thinks I am being throttled........

0 Likes
tuckgergg

I have issues on 3g in heavily populated areas (i.e. where I work downtown)...I got a 4g phone to deal with it, but I lose the 4g signal every now and then and it goes back to 3g...still terribly slow.

0 Likes
DC12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I am currently in New Jersey, USA and I frequently have data issues where at minimum once a day my data becomes unavailable. I put the phone into airplane mode then return to normal and it starts working again. 3G android and today its become so unbearable that I can even stream music.

I have the SpeedTest app where i'm averaging under 200kps down today. Ridiculous considering that I am still in the unlimited data plan. I would love it if there were a class action suit against verizon for this because I can't express enough how much stress this has caused me.

0 Likes
DC12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to add that its usually 3 or 4 bars our of 4 so i'm getting a quality signal, but lets not even try my own home where I can 1 bar if lucky. I even spent $200 for that worthless repeater box that stopped working after the first month.

0 Likes
DC12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good point. They don't throttle 3G but what if you're phone is forced to 3G. You basically have no choice.

0 Likes
DC12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called verizon and they confirmed that I am in the top 5% of users in my area so my data is capped. DESPITE HAVING AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN!!!

0 Likes