3G mobile hotspot constantly disconnects
higriff

I have a clear view of the verizon wireless tower but my DroidX 3G mogile hotspot is consistently disconnecting or dropping the 3G signal.  Does a mifi system get a more realible or consitant signal? What can I do to avoid the very frustrating service interuption?

0 Likes
Re: 3G mobile hotspot constantly disconnects
Jeremya1129

I have had the DroidX since Feb 2011 and the hotspot will always drop. Verizon is aware as there have been multiple posts about this. There is no cure. You can reboot the phone and that will usually allow a decent amount of stable connection.

This link is another thread here with the same problem for DroidX2 and DroidX.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/715817#715817

Sorry, but I don't think you will find a solution.

In fact, when 4G hits my area, I want a guarantee that I will not experience this with my next device.

0 Likes
npecom

I use the Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and only have 3G service available in the area where I live . The Hotspot drops the wireless at random intervals and can usually be reconnected after several tries (a real pain). It looks like it does this when it searches for a 4G connection periodically...is there some way to disable this temporarily when no 4G is available?

0 Likes
ibeashe4

I have a Droid2, after having NUMEROUS problems with disconnects, decided to test it at home. Sure enough, it disconnected after about 3 minutes.  The constant disconnects make this totally unacceptable.  I had originally obtained it to use at a time share condo that did not offer internet except in the "community area".  Well, after many, many frustrating calls to Verizon, I ended up in the "community area".  I was hoping this issue was fixed by now (this was last year).  In seeing it was not, I will not be using and paying for such shoddy service this year.  Thanks for your post & updates.  Verizon?  what has been done to correct this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ibeashe4,

I really want you to be able to use your hotspot! It allows you to have an internet connection to other devices when on the go.

Are you using the Hotspot feature that is $20.00 per month and provides 2GB of usage? Or are you using a downloaded tool or app? You are able to see if you have the $20.00 hotspot on the line by viewing your bill at vzw.com . Thanks and have a great day!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes