3G BAR INDICATOR
deerebilt

SINCE DOWNLOADING GINGERBREAD MY 3G BAR INDICATOR IS WHITE OR BLUE. WHEN BLUE WORKS AWESOME WHEN WHITE IT IS SLOW AND SOMETIMES UNABLE TO LOAD DATA EVEN WITH FULL BAR SIGNAL..  WHAT IS DIFFERENCE FROM WHITE OR BLUE SIGNAL STRENGTH INDICATOR

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G BAR INDICATOR
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please don't use all CAPS. It is considered Internet yelling.

Blue is when it active and white is when it is connected but not active.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please don't use all CAPS. It is considered Internet yelling.

Blue is when it active and white is when it is connected but not active.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cstephens

MAYBE THEY ARE YELLING! Smiley Happy I WOULD.

0 Likes
cstephens

By the way, the solution is not grammatically correct.

"Blue is when it activate and white is when it is connected but not active."

What is "active" and "inactive"? I don't understand what "it" is? Are we referring to the 3G signal, voice  or data....? Please clarify.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Blue is when you have an active Communication link to the Cell Tower.  White is when you lose that communication connection. You can see this happening by running one of the free APPS that show's the details of your connection. Let me know if you'd like the name of one - there are several.

0 Likes
blove329

Cody21,

I would like to know which free APP that shows the details to my connections.  My phone will go back and forth all day from blue to white.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I use OPENSIGNAL  (free in Market)  -- it has a lot of cool features for both regular communications, cell tower look up, GPS strength, download speeds, etc.

0 Likes
smartin421

I have the same problem except mine only loses data connection when the phone is locked.  Not every time it is locked but it seems that after a certain amount of time it will lose connection and when I unlock it I have to wait for it to connect again.  It started after the last upgrade (I think) and its very annoying.  Is there a way to change that setting so it doesn't turn off the connection unless it truly is lost?

Thanks

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

That's very strange ... so, if you're correct, what happens if you dial your phone's number from another phone? Does it go right to vmail? or dioes it actually ring??? Never heard of the phone losing connection when simply timing out. And don't know of an option to make that happen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This app would be fine in my Pick of apps but the Map drags an or Hangs an Even though it gives info it's not something i'm to thrilled over. If the maps were'nt so laggy an the info more given i would possibly keep it. but it's not up to my Par.!  B33

0 Likes