3 texts messages not sent
jstejada
" 3 texts messages not sent" I keep getting this message every time I sent a text message. I've tried deleting all texts and turning on and off the phone but it didn't get rid off it. What else can I do?
0 Likes
Re: 3 texts messages not sent
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Are you using the built in messenger app or a 3rd party app? Have you looked in the drafts folder? Which version of android are you using. There is a huge difference in messaging between 2.1 and 2.2.
0 Likes
jstejada
Im using the built in text messaging. I have the droidx.
Draft folder? I don't have that option or maybe I don't know how to get to my draft folder. I've never played or go to schanged and change things around.
0 Likes
jstejada
I meant I don't go to settings and change things around
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First make sure you have the most updated software on your phone.  

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates
Then try doing a soft reset on the phone. 

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.
Press the Power key to power on the device

Then dial *228 send and option 1 on the phone.  

From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).

Select Settings.
Select Applications.
Select Manage applications.
From the All tab, select the Messaging  Application.
Select Clear Cache (That will delete all your stored messages)
Select OK.
Select OK.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you have unsent messages you should see a bubble with a number on the + icon on the upper right hand corner when in the message window and you can then click the minus marker next to message and it will be deleted.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I have noticed if you are a hardcore texter like me. If you send a button at the same time a message comes it, it will keep trying over and then eventually say message not sent. Its kinda like if text messages crash, the incoming overides the outgoing. It happens to me ALOT.
0 Likes
aachica

I don't think this is an isolated problem. I am having the exact same issue at the moment. and already tried a restart of the phone.

0 Likes
jstejada
Nothing seems to work. I don't want to do a factory reset. I have also been told by my friends that they have texted me and I don't get it, is that been your case?
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When you send a message, and the message is not sent, it should still be in the thread of the conversation.  If you go back to the thread, you should be able to access the message and then re-send the message, by pressing the message and then trying to send the message again. 

0 Likes