3.21.6 Upgrade Features/Voice Dialing
exiPhoneuser

I just had the new update pushed to my phone. I used it briefly and notice some changes, but is there someplace I can go to read a description of the full upgrade features?

Also, WHEN is this phone going to have voice dialing capabilities, and don't tell me it does......that **bleep** app is a bolt on afterthought that works like an AMC Pacer, which for you younger guys means it sucks. I want full voice dialing like the iPhone has had and every other cheap Verizon phone has had for years. How can this be the biggest baddest phone Verizon sells and it's a step backwards? I keep hearing they're working on it.......really? Working on it? I so took for granted that it would be part of the OS that I didn't even ask. I guess that's my fault, but if they don't work this out and soon, it's back to the HATED AT&T for me to get a phone that does what it should. Love Verizon, but so far the Incredible is a poor replacement for my iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: 3.21.6 Upgrade Features/Voice Dialing
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here is the steps to navigate to the use of voice dialing on your phone hope this helps! 

Voice dialer cannot be initiated by a Bluetooth headset.

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab(located in the lower-left).

2. Touch Voice Dialer.

3. When prompted, say one of the following example commands.
    • "Call <Name or Number>"
    • "Call Voicemail"
    • "Dial <Number>"
    • "Dial <911, 811..etc>"
    • "Redial"
    • "Open <Calendar, Music...etc>"
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

my voice commands work just fine for the most part. i'm having trouble with texts...but calling and everything else works GREAT! go to the market and download the most recent version of "voice search." while i know it was preinstalled and is more or less part of the whole system....i did notice that i had to install the newest version after i updated to 2.2.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

my bluetooth does voice dialing fine.  I had to change a couple of names so that it would more easily understand my voice.  But I just need to tap on the button on my ear peice and it asks me to speak a name.  Pretty much like my old phone though not as much to it.

0 Likes