2.2 update install - Manual vs. OTA - Please advise your end result
tr1kst4nce

I figured, since I'm curious, and others are curious, we could do this in an orderly fashion.  This way we can all sort of keep track on one thread.  My guess is, from what I've read, manual install has worked better, so lets find out.

If you've got 2.2, please list how you got it.  via OTA, or manually installed... and list the issues you have, if any.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update install - Manual vs. OTA - Please advise your end result
FramCire

You need to ask the more important question:  Did you do a hard reset?  Manual update forces a hard reset.  This is most likely why manual updaters have had few to no problems.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ota. no issues. runnin great. lovin it. (runnin 2.2 for 2 days now).

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Manual and it did not reset. Everything normal.
0 Likes
tr1kst4nce

FramCire wrote:

You need to ask the more important question:  Did you do a hard reset?  Manual update forces a hard reset.  This is most likely why manual updaters have had few to no problems.

Well first of all... I haven't even installed the 2.2 update yet.  I just got the prompt yesterday to do the update, but I've been reading some of the people who have gotten the updates and having problems, so I held off on it.  I just wanted to see if most of the people with the problems are the OTA people, and if the people who did it manually had less problems.

What exactly is a hard reset?  I would assume (and I'm probably wrong) that a hard reset means to turn the phone off and back on?  Let me know

0 Likes
jsiudon

Got my tonight, and it screw up the calendar-Com.htc.calendar...., and the force close message for Com.htc.bgp...., and cannot find where that application located.

Any help on this?

0 Likes
Scanner001

Manual update

Performance slower

Battery life has just gone down the drain. 

And oh yeah Nice my phone just rebooted itself while i type this

2.2 was supposed to be better..I say NOT

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3
Manual update no problems. Phone seems to run faster and better battery seems the same or slightly better
0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3

What exactly is a hard reset?  I would assume (and I'm probably wrong) that a hard reset means to turn the phone off and back on?  Let me know

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-droid-incredible/droid-incredible-guides/464002/how_to_hard_rese...
0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

When these guys refer to a hard reset, they mean that it wipes the handset clean. However, if you use the offical update from HTC and not the RUU method, your phone will not perform a hard reset and will, in fact, upgrade exactly as it would using the OTA, leaving all of your data and apps intact.

That having been said, I updated manually and haven't had any of the problems that I've seen listed here in the forums.

0 Likes