2.2 update first impressions
anon74
I wanted to start a thread for people to post their first impressions on the ota update. I got the update this morning and have been fiddling around with my phone for a bit. My initial impression is disappointment. I was really hoping the update would fix the call quality, signal strength and battery life issues that are common with this phone but I've noticed no improvements. I guess I did notice better battery life today but I'm not sure if it's the update or my light use today.

There are a few annoying things to note. First, there are a few apps that run on their own and don't stay closed even after shutting down. One is Skype mobile - it always pops back up no matter how many times I kill it.

An even more annoying thing is the stock browser. Now when I open a page it doesn't go to the homepage I set but goes to "digforgold.com/search". I don't know what this site is but I can't seem to change the setting so that my homepage opens up first. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update first impressions
YASNY
A request: when people get the update, could you post when you got your update and when you got your phone? I suspect that the rollout is going on a first-bought, first-updated basis, so this might give people an idea of when they can expect theirs. Thanks!
0 Likes
curtosee

I got my update to 2.2 late on August 31st.  I've had my HTC incredible for about a week now.

0 Likes
Hilgi

Same here, just got it, had the phone a week.

0 Likes