2.2 update failed
tbag77

i woke up last thursday to find the 2.2 update was ready for download. i used the dropdown to check my texts and emails first then went to try to update and the message had disappeared. so im still running 2.1 still. ive called verizon and htc for a remedy to no avail. htc said wait a week. so i did and nothing. it seems noone from either company knows up from down. can anyone tell me if i will get another push sent to me OTA or am i screwed until Gingerbread is released and sent to Dinc users sometime in the next decade. any info would be greatfully appreciated. i read that Azsaluki suggested to clear cache then find somewhere in settings for a prompt. i dont see that anywhere. just doesnt make sense they wouldnt just do it like the iphone does its updates or at least send it out daily/weekly to all users. i saw jimswigart had this issue too and there were no replies to his comment. thank you.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update failed
vglass

An appropriate introduction to 2.2.  It turned my Incredible into a glitch filled nightmare.  Jumps from home screen to other screens on it's own, is slower overall, especially on the internet, e-mail screen jumps from folder to folder, battery life is shorter, all sorts of apps run on their own, my weatherbug widget no longer works...  Have in shutting down and rebooting several times a day now. 

I have read that some people have not had issues, I'm very surprised at this.  I only know one other person that has an Incredible and did the upgrade and they are very unhappy as well.  I would hold off as long as possible and hope that the bugs are worked out before you are forced to downgrade. 

I had the original BB Storm and it was the buggiest piece of junk...and I kept hearing and thinking that an OS upgrade was coming to work out the bugs.  Never did or not until the new Storm came out, a year and half later.  What amazed me is that Verizon continued to sell this phone and locking people into 2yr contracts knowing they were selling a product that was faulty without fixing the issue.  That worries me about this "upgrade", Verizon has proven they will allow this kind of thing to continue...

0 Likes
badfishie

My update failed approx 5 times the day it was sent to me. I did the same number of factory resets on my device that day, then sat and waited for another OTA push that never came. I side loaded my Froyo update and my phone is now truly Incredible. Fast, responsive, really reaching the full potential of the phone.

0 Likes
FramCire

Here is my suggestion:

Backup anything you dont want to lose

Do a factory reset

if the update is not waiting for you, do the following

turn off background data and snyc  (menu>settings>accounts and sync)

change the date to october 11,2010   (menu>settings> date & time)

turn off phone 

turn on phone

go do dialer and dial   *#*#2432546#*#*

once it tells you checkin successful, check for update  (menu>settings>about phone>system updates)

Hopefully, this will push the update.

BTW, I dont know anyone who has had any major issues when they have done a factory reset with their update.  I would even consider doing a 2nd reset after the update. 

This method has worked for a ton of people.  Go check out other message boards if you want to make sure)

0 Likes