2.2 update down load last night now phone will not go past the M logo screen.
dmfort

my phone was pluged in all night during 2.2 update , now my phone battrey is dead and will not boot pass the Moto screen

how do i remove 2.2 update

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update down load last night now phone will not go past the M logo screen.
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you can't.  You'll need to go to a corporate verizon store and see if they can unbrick it.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait for Verizon to send a replacement.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update down load last night now phone will not go past the M logo screen.
DodgerCats

This is a WIDESPREAD problem. Google it and you'll see.

0 Likes
Firebrand
When I got my download last night my phone wouldn't load past the Droid eye. I removed the battery then held the power button for 5 seconds. I put the battery back in and it booted right up with 2.2. I hope this helps you get past the M screen.
0 Likes
DodgerCats

At least you're getting to the Droid eye. Many of us see nothing but an "M". I did battery pulls and even a few hard resets to no avail. If you can't get past the Motorola logo, you've basically got a very fancy brick on your hands.

Call Tech Support and tell them to send you a replacement, and demand that they overnight it. I'm going through replacement #2 so I will now have 3 handsets at home (original and 2 replacements). We all pay for our service plan, there is no reason that they can't spend $10 on FedEx to overnight it when the customers are losing time and money dealing with this problem.

0 Likes
Firebrand
I wish things would go better for you. Once I rebooted, everything has been working fine on my Droid. Good luck!
0 Likes
daemonhat
I'm just getting the M. Have to take out the battery and put it back in, boots fine after though but the upgrade wasn't installed. And I can't do it manually because the phone freezes on the M when I hold the power/x down when I turn on the phone.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have heard that removing the sd card will let the update finish.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Cobjones wrote:
I have heard that removing the sd card will let the update finish.

what happens if you were to remove the battery? 

0 Likes
daemonhat
If the phone is frozen on the "M" screen, nothing happens, the just shuts off, at least for me anyway. Have done it several times since the supposed upgrade and its like nothing happened, all my settings and personal stuff are still there.
0 Likes