Re: 2.2 just recieved
aibrean

FYI (from VZW Support on Twitter):

The update is Over the Air. Yes if you install the update manually you would void your warranty.

0 Likes
g0dhand

I knew there'd be a catch.

Glad I didn't rush into things. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
dadsterflip
How would they know if its manually downloaded
0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I would love to see how they know.  I also like to know how the nations "Most Reliable Network" can't even push out an update to everyone in small groups.  Sprint's network isn't the best of the best yet everyone got an update the first time.  Like wow, right?

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Don't see how the file would say its update its vs manual update. It both resets the OS on the phone. etc. Plus its not recorded on your file how you got it especially they can't even give you a straight answer on how the update wad being rolled out.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Google locating services vs Google locating services. Both sane or one better
0 Likes
dadsterflip
VZW locating services sorry
0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

In any case, there really is no business logic that I can tell from that rolling out an update slowly is better for us.  Sure, some may not care about it at all, but at least the option to manually install without voiding a warranty should be available.  It's almost saying that downloading an update to your computer will void your computer warranty, unless of course they push the update to you..then it's different??  VZ needs to step up...no more Tweeting answers, no more cause I said so, Actual, factual answer as to why they are doing it this way...and yes, i'm calling Verizon out on this one.

0 Likes
dadsterflip
its not a leaked froyo version or Rom. So its official froyo
0 Likes
dadsterflip
If you rename it on your comp when you transfer it. It wont work because it would rename it to update.zip.zip. but rename it on the phone itself would be just update.zip
0 Likes