2.2 Upgrade Alert notification Screen
NoHypeNeeded

OK, I am here as a last resort. Come on Verizon Tech. or anyone who can solve this for me. After looking at all the posts about the 2.2 Froyo problems, I  Do Not Want to chance turning my phone into a Brick. ( So no upgrade for me) It runs fine the way it is, no problems ever.Internet is way fast enough with the stock browser. Besides you only keep these things 2 years then gone.

So can someone tell me how to STOP the you have an Upgrade Alerts. I called HTC no help- they say they just make the hardware and do not care about system upgrades, and they do not send out the new software. So that leaves Google as the only ones that have control over this. Is there a support contact number for Google Android out there.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 Upgrade Alert notification Screen
budone
Legend

You can not stop the alerts.  Keep in mind for every problem message here there are probably another 1000 of us who are very happy, and in most cases those people will not post.

I have 2.2, I know many who do have it and love it.

Just remember, plug the phone into the charger before you update. When it is completed, pull the battery while the phone is on, replace the battery and power the phone. I live where my EVDO signal hovers around -95 to -99 and the update came fine.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

not sure. but my brother had an issue the matorola told him he would have to take up with google. the only contact he could find was an email to the company. they never responded. please keep in mind though, that you have seen a few dozen posts here with people having issues. there are hundreds of thousands on incredible users that have now installed the update. if it truly was a bad update, they would send out patches/fixes for the problems. i suspect that no more people got bad updates, than got bad brand new devices. you get a handful of lemons with software updates, just like cars. but you buy new cars right? and "only 2 years" is correct. however, android has updated the software twice this year so far, and a third (gingerbread) is expected later this winter....so you could be lookin at skippin 5 or so updates in those "2 years." just my 2 cents. when a thousand people dine at a restaurant in an evening, the one that had an awful experience is quick to post his review......but you never hear from the 999 customers that enjoyed their meal.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol@budone. guess we were thinkin the same thing.

0 Likes
NoHypeNeeded

Thanks for the info. But you didn't answer my question. If you like it fine, its yours do what you want with it. . But I saw a DI in a Verizon store go stone cold dead after upgrade, which I watched as it upgraded.   I also no owners of the X droid that have had all types of bugs, lost emails, apps starting for no reason etc. Everyone can read the stuff in this forum. Not interested in it happening to me.  The upgrade I find out is not mandatory. They just wanted to load up Bloatware- and **bleep** DRRRROOOOOIIIIDDDDD startup garbage. Besides its been three days now since I got the alert. On day one it came back all day about every 20 minutes. Day two four times and today just once so I think it will eventually stop on its own.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the answer is i don't know. however, i have read in other threads that you will get it periodically until you install it. hopefully, like you're thinking, it will only be once a day, or even less. just be sure that you don't ever clear your cache, or it will most likely start prompting you again. so if it does eventually stop, don't clear the cache....ever. fyi....the update hasn't even been pushed to the X so if your friends got it, they did so through unofficial means (a leaked version that is not the final one)...and i'm not at all surprised that they are having issues.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I hope for your sake you are right about the update requests going away totally, but I cant see that happening.

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3
My answer got deleted by administrator you can go Android central for answers
0 Likes
aberdiver

I did the upgrade and am I ever sorry I did!  Since I did apps turn on by themselves and run my battery down quickly! I've tried ATK and ATC to no avail. I called tech support at Verizon, NO HELP, they called Motorola with me on line, NO HELP!, then they called HTC again with me online, AGAIN No Help!! As soon as you shut one app down and go back to the main screen, rerun ATC...there it is again running. HTC blamed it on Verizon, My guess is that they want the programs to run to get people to use them for the all mighty dollar. HTC said they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. A fix may be forthcoming in the next upgrade! JUST WHAT I DON"T WANT, ANOTHER UPGRADE! My phone was working just fine before!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Dump the AppKillers. YOU are killing your battery with your paranoia about running apps and constantly shutting down apps over and over.  THIS IS NOT WINDOWS!  The OS is based on a Linux platform. It is working correctly. A program may use process' from others app but the app is not running in the sense you are used to.

Sure I see a bunch of app listed as running, (71 to be exact) but my device is runnung just fine. Right now I have 238 MB of RAM free out of 413MB of useable RAM.

0 Likes