2.2 Lag and Factory Reset
t3ch00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Folks,

I upgraded my Droid X to 2.2 a week ago without any major problems. The only issue I saw was there is a lag on some of the applications and games. I just read some of the posts here which suggested to do a factory reset after upgrade (which I havent done yet). I have tons of pics and other data on my phone.

What is the best application would you suggest to back up everything that I currently have and later use it in an easy manner after the fafory reset.

Also if you can jot down the steps required to do the factory reset.

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 Lag and Factory Reset
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Your best bet is to search for Wildman's post on this forum. It really explains the steps needed. Or maybe Wildman copy it into this post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kittybatz11
Enthusiast - Level 1

type in factory reset in the search bar above you might want to remove your sd card before doing it... and you have to unmount the sd card or something before removing it

0 Likes
t3ch00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info folks :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi my name is Leslie here are steps for factory reset.

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos.

0 Likes
t3ch00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Leslie.

For anyone else who is looking to do Factory Reset, Use mybackup app from the market, to backup whatever data you want to restore later from your SD card

0 Likes