2.0.1 Phone Audio Issue - Bad News, Confirmed - Droid
g-funkster

There appears to be an issue, verified by others, after the 2.0.1 update.  I was one of the few to get the update over the air.

The issue is that, perhaps after unplugging headphones, you cannot hear audio from the earpiece.  I have to enable speakerphone to hear, or use a headset.  Rebooting fixes the issue.  I posted this on AndroidForums and have gotten others to confirm:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/25297-cannot-hear-earpiece-phone-after-2-0-1-update.html

0 Likes
Re: 2.0.1 Phone Audio Issue - Bad News, Confirmed - Droid
Mickeym88

Actually a known problem with the Droid since its inception.  I have three friends with the phone and only one had this issue.  He needed to get the phone replaced.  Reference engadget below

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/15/droid-experiencing-external-speaker-problems-could-be-a-softwar/

0 Likes
bgibbsunc
I forced the update on my droid and I have not ran into any problems. That may b the reason that a lot of ppl havent got the update they may have found something wrong and tried to fix. who knows sorry ur having this problem
0 Likes
g-funkster

That is not the issue.  That's a speakerphone issue.  My speakerphone works fine, I said so in the first message.

It's the earpiece that I cannot hear.  I believe it is related to using headphones.  It happens after I listen to music.  Any music listeners experience this after 2.0.1?

0 Likes
old_man-58

Yes Headphone jackfor wahtever reason stops working, nothing to do with the Software upgrade, you will probably need t get your phone replaced.

0 Likes
g-funkster

Once again, that is not the issue I and others are experiencing.

0 Likes
rmmullen

I have had this problem too.  Its super annoying because I listen to music all the time, and then have to reboot my phone just to talk on the phone.  Or annoy everyone around me with speaker phone.  

0 Likes