$100 New Every Two Credit Question
SalesGOD

I know if I order a Droid X online or in a VZ Corporate store, I will receive my new every 2 credit of $100.  My question is that if I want to upgrade with a dealer, will they be able to provide me the $100 device credit?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

0 Likes
Re: $100 New Every Two Credit Question
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

I had to do the most boring research and read confusing policies to find this answer. But sadly the answer in NO, only corporate stores will honor the policy. Best Buy, "Dealer" stores and other non-corporate Verizon stores do not have the authority to apply the New Every Two $100 discount price. Infant the stipulations attached to this policy are ridiculous, I will list some of the outlandish fine print policies.

- The only reason you have the $100 discount is because you were grandfathered in. The new amount is a $50 discount for a $79.99 monthly plan and a $30 discount for any plan below $79.99 monthly.

- All secondary Family Share Plans are not eligible

- If you do it, you will need to sign a new two year contract of $34.99 monthly or higher.

- As previously stated, it is only honored at Corporate stores.

I assume this is the current Service Provider standard, so there's no point in jumping ship out of anger,

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for doing that research and ++ on noticiing that the NE2 $$ ammount being $50 only now.  Good for OP to get a hundred bucks still, probably only for this next upgrade I imagine though.

I do want to add that we upgraded using New every two in a BestBuy and the rep called verizon and applied my new every 2 discount, plus the 2 year contract price, etc.

We also purchased our plans many years ago inside a Bestbuy retail store and our paperwork shows the New Every Two date and how much we will be eligible to save off the new phone.  yes, I have that original paperwork and remember walking out of the store happy that I could use an addtional discount in 18 months.

Chubbs, you didnt ONLY mention bestbuy butI chose them as my experience because that's where my new every two discount was applied.

Maybe a mod will read this and give us the correct answer.

Dj.

0 Likes
SalesGOD

Thanks for the answers and the research. 

I did stop by Walmart today to see if they had a X available.  The lady at the counter informed me that their entire stock of Droid X's were shipped back because a new version was coming out.  I think she didn't know what I was talking about, but she was very busy with alot of people at the counter so I didn't press the issue.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

She may have been thinking of the Droid ... since the Droid 2 is out, maybe they shipped all their original Droids back.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

The information that Chubbs provided is correct. You will not be able to use the New Every 2 discount at a dealer. Great Information Chubbs!

0 Likes
andrewbarron
Enthusiast - Level 3

And just to be specific...at Corperate Verizon Hubs...

At 20 months...it's $50 back.  After 24 months, it's $100.  Anything earlier than 20 months, it's the full monty...no discounts.  Although there is a $100 rebate but that is off the $299 that they offiicially charge you.  I believe that rebate is till 9/6/10.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I find upgrading online the best with Verizon, they honor your $100 credit for the new every 2 and also do any rebates (if available) immediately instead of mailing it in.  I know some people do not like to wait for the new phones but I don't like to wait for my rebate so it works best for me.  They gave me the $100 credit after 20 months and I got my X for $99.99 online. 

0 Likes
ccillo

We are a Premium Retailer and we do honor NE2 Credits. But I herd some dealers do not. 

0 Likes