1% battery meter for Droid X
Wildman
Legend

It was brought to my attention today that Circle Battery Widget was updated recently and the software is reported to be able to handle 1% battery read out, I installed it and have ran it all day and so far it appears to be very close to the stock battery readout, give it a try if you want at https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.depoortere.android.CircleBatteryWidget

CAP201102160239.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 1% battery meter for Droid X
Wildman
Legend

gerio wrote:

I've been seeing those "contributor" posts, didn't notice whether or not they were from the same poster. It hasn't happened to any of my posts (they probably take pity on me and my insane ramblings...:smileyvery-happy: :smileysurprised:)

As for my Droid X listing in My Verizon, my phone listed as a "Droid X*" (yes, with an asterisk). I don't understand the asterisk, but oh well...

I have grown to really love the Circle Battery Widget. I can see NO extra battery drain whatsoever.I thought that the 1% increments were not possible because of some limitations of the Moto phone. But it certainly does work. And yes, at first, I was thinking "My goodness, that battery is draining fast!" (extremely para-phrased, LOL). But yes, it is mental, the battery is lasting as long as ever, it's just watching it drain can be deceiving. However, I've gotten used to it being there.

Very cool find, Wildman, thanx for sharing and take care, 

Geri O

Yes this is usually a driver/hardware communication restriction put in place by developer to optimize system, when I was on WM devices there was a number of programmers that figured out work arounds to resolve this item, it appears that the developer of this app may have found a exploit that allowed access to a reliable data source in device to retrieve this information without having it ping the battery status regularly that usually caused battery drain and I am so glad they have because I love the 1% read out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bcram11
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you! I've been looking for such a widget for months now!  Let's hope it stays accuate. 

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
Thank you.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My pleasure, hope it works out well because a number of users was hoping for a app like this, and if the app supplies what it reported it will be added to one of my must have apps...

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
And the list of must have is posted?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is more like a personal prefrence list of mine, I have a number of apps that I just cant live without and since I test a large amount of apps my list is growing fast..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what's the advantage of this widget?

the link in your 1st post is no good.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This widget is just a way to have a more specific battery level read out because the stock battery meter is only 10% increments which makes you estimate battery life is useless. When your battery is at 35% the phones stock app reads it as 30% which is to off from real read out.

And as for the link, it works fine what do you mean its no good?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks. i've been recharging at 15%, can i go to 10 without any issues.

this is the message i get ONLY when i click on your link, on no other websites. xphomesp2/ie8

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
 We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
 Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.
 Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More informationMore information

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I noticed this also, all you have to do is click continue to website, clear cache for browser usually resolve the certificate issue.

After checking certificate its registered to *.google which usually means its a deicated corp certificate, all information appears to be correct but browser verification seems to have a issue.

0 Likes