Chilly Season Is Coming!

tiffanyn_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus
0 0 2,051

fall.jpgIt’s been a week since we officially welcomed fall (September 22nd)! I know I’m excited for the brisk air, cozy sweaters, and of course those hot yummy beverages. I can think of so many other exciting things to do now that it’s fall, especially with the family. One of my favorites things keep warm, aside from hot coffee that is, is spiced mulled cider.

Spiced Mulled Cider

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider

6 whole cinnamon sticks

5 whole cloves

10 cardamom pods

¼ Tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

1 orange sliced

1 apple cored & sliced

cider.jpg

Directions:

Add all ingredients to a large, heavy stockpot or Dutch oven and allow to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.Once cider is heated thoroughly line a strainer with cheesecloth or plain white paper towel. Set strainer over large saucepan; strain mixture into pan. Let stand and ladle from their or set in a decorative bowl and ladle from there.

Tips:

Using a slow cooker for an hour. It cuts down on the cleanup, and it will keep the cider warm while guests mingle. Great to be paired with just about anything, however some foods bring out the wonderful spiced taste of the cider.

What’s your favorite way to warm up for the fall season? Let us know in the comments below.

About the Author
Adventurer!