Highlighted

Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for stopping by!!

I am Lauren your community program manager and I have been with Verizon and this project for almost 10 years. I live in Atlanta, GA with my husband, my 2 pups and my 4 year old daughter (although we refer to her as our monster)!!

I have an obsession for shopping, mostly online and I am notorious for ordering stuff, not liking it and rather than sending it back for a refund, throwing it in a pile in my closet where it sits unopened or with tags still on it. At the end of the year I find myself with this ridiculous pile of junk I never needed in the first place and of course cannot return so it all ends up getting donated... so I guess its not too bad, although my husband may beg to differ.

At any rate, our team has spent a ton of time working on this new launch and we are so excited we are finally here and you are finally here!! Please introduce yourself below and stick around for all the exciting things we have in store for you all!!

Happy Posting!!

Lauren

 

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

I'm Dan, a community manager who focuses on community operations and special projects.  I've been with Verizon for 6 years and with the Community for a little more than 4 of them.  I'm based out of New Jersey, born and raised.

In my free time I love making music - I play both guitar and saxophone.  I enjoy seeing as many live concerts as I can possibly fit into my schedule (last year I went to 86 different shows).  I'm also a die hard New York Mets fan and spend plenty fo spring and summer nights at Citi Field.

We're so glad that you all can finally see the new Community that we've built!  Looking forward to seeing everone explore the new site!

Dan

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

I'm John, a community manager who focuses on analytics and metrics.  I've been with Verizon for almost 2 years.  I'm a life long resident of New Jersey.

I enjoy sports and adventure, from hiking and zip lining to swimming with sharks.

I hope you are as excited about the new Community website as I am! Enjoy the new website and have fun!

John

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Osakwe
Member

Hello Lauren and all. Keep up the great work! Anyway, just giving the greetings and ducking out. Came here to find the answer to a question, ended up registering and will be back whether it's resolved or not. Many continued blessings to all. -- O

Transferring expertise...universally.
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

vasilatos
Member

Hello, my name is Max.  I live in San Francisco and manage my sister's verizon broadband connection, she lives in rural New Hampshire, since 10 years or so.  She is new to computers but the internet has helped her a lot to stay connected with friends and family. 

Now that she's getting more savvy with social networking, email and those, I can't tell how much data she needs.  So far it's only been text so not a problem, but with a more modern computer, she might be getting video ads, or even playing music or youtube, I don't know.  Hard to see where the gigabytes go.

Anyway, I've been happy that we can pull this off.   This community offers another resource for me in that space.

Me, I'm a long retired engineer (MIT systems) with broad interests, still a geek ever a geek. 

 

 

0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Ann154
Expert

@vasilatos wrote:

Hello, my name is Max.  I live in San Francisco and manage my sister's verizon broadband connection, she lives in rural New Hampshire, since 10 years or so.  She is new to computers but the internet has helped her a lot to stay connected with friends and family. 

Now that she's getting more savvy with social networking, email and those, I can't tell how much data she needs.  So far it's only been text so not a problem, but with a more modern computer, she might be getting video ads, or even playing music or youtube, I don't know.  Hard to see where the gigabytes go.

Anyway, I've been happy that we can pull this off.   This community offers another resource for me in that space.

Me, I'm a long retired engineer (MIT systems) with broad interests, still a geek ever a geek. 

 

 


Verizon broadband is a landline based Internet service and isn't covered by the Verizon Wireless Community forum. You need the Verizon Residential forums instead. https://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

jav6
Sr. Member

The COMMUNITY MEMBER ONLY login was deactivated a while back.  That was/is only for users WITHOUT tying the login to Verizon accounts.  I had used that type of login for testing.  When the last platform upgrade was done in Feb 2019, my default/account login failed for several weeks before finally getting resolved by the IT Department.  Not sure what they did but they fixed my login/account somehow.  Just keep calling in and opening tickets, having them escalate to the IT Team.  And maybe start a new thread with your issue in the Forum.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Pool_Shark1
Member

Thank you for the response. 

It seems pointless to leave the community only login available if it can't actually be used.

Too bad when they implemented the site redesign they didn't provide community members a reasonable way of linking to the account or at the very least a method of changing their password without having to go thru tech support.

0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Ann154
Expert

@jav6 wrote:

The COMMUNITY MEMBER ONLY login was deactivated a while back.  That was/is only for users WITHOUT tying the login to Verizon accounts.  I had used that type of login for testing.  When the last platform upgrade was done in Feb 2019, my default/account login failed for several weeks before finally getting resolved by the IT Department.  Not sure what they did but they fixed my login/account somehow.  Just keep calling in and opening tickets, having them escalate to the IT Team.  And maybe start a new thread with your issue in the Forum.


When was community only ID login deactivated? I'm still using mine. When we switched from Jive to Lithium again this year, I had to reset my password and I have been using my community only ID login since. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Re: Welcome to the Verizon Community - Introduce yourself

Ann154
Expert

@Pool_Shark1 wrote:

Thank you for the response. 

It seems pointless to leave the community only login available if it can't actually be used.

Too bad when they implemented the site redesign they didn't provide community members a reasonable way of linking to the account or at the very least a method of changing their password without having to go thru tech support.


Did the steps in the link below for the community only login not work? 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Getting-Started-Guide/m-p/1089528

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes