Highlighted

Verizon Wireless Community Redesign

Community Manager
Community Manager

The Verizon Wireless Community will be redesigned overnight on August 5th, 2016! 

This redesign will offer a number of improvements to the appearance and functionality of the Community.

Here are some highlights:

Redesigned User Experienceupgrade.png

• We have completely revamped the home page, which will feature a new header with icons that will take you directly into highly trafficked areas of the site. The new homepage will also have a  rotating marquee similar to the one you see on verizonwireless.com that will highlight content relevant to the community and all of the member rewards programs we offer here in the community
  • We have simplified the navigation on the home page to ensure you can quickly access topics, content, people and our ever changing Community Announcements page
  • For those of you that don’t like too much change, the Topics widget showing all of our Operating Systems, Accessories, My Verizon and Verizon Wireless Services will still be available on the home page. In addition to the community topics you are used to, the new home page will also show trending content so you can stay up to date on the hottest products and services members are viewing and posting in.
  • This new homepage along with all features and functionality of the community will now also be available on Mobile, hooray!

Personalized Dashboard “My View”

• We took personalization further with this redesign than you have ever experienced in our community. Not only will you still have your own personalized inbox with content relevant to your engagement, you will now also have access to your very own personalized dashboard called My View.
  • On your My View dashboard you will be able to see your snippets of content from your Inbox and any content you have created or contributed to will appear in your dashboard.
  • Your My View dashboard will keep you up to date on your recently earned Rewards and update you on all the Connections you have made.
  • If you are registered via your My Verizon account, your My View dashboard will also display your personalized My Devices widget so you can quickly access community content relevant to a specific device in your account. You can even upgrade or add a new line to your device right from your My View dashboard.
  • Are you really attached to your current community Inbox? Not to worry, that will still be available and you will now have the ability to set your Inbox or your My View dashboard as your default view when you login to the community.

Connections Stream Enhancements and Email notifications

• In addition to following users and spaces, you will now be able to follow tags in the custom connections streams you have been using and accessing from your Inbox view. Custom connection streams will now be accessible from both your Inbox and your my View dashboard.
  • If your preferences are set to have all community communications sent to your personal email account you will now have the ability to manage your email preferences right from there!  This way, you can make sure you’re getting only the emails you want to see.
  • All custom connection streams will now be viewable on mobile.

Question & Answer Improvements

• Start a Discussion become Ask a Question: Because this community is primarily a support community the new action on every topic page will be “Ask a Question” as opposed to the existing “Start a Discussion.”  You will still have the option to specify whether you would like to “Ask a Question” or “Start a general discussion or share tips and tricks” but you will now chose this on the thread page.
  • New “I have the same question”: in the original question of each thread there will now be a link that says “I have the same question”. If you click this link, you will be automatically subscribed to the thread and anytime there is an update, meaning a new post or a correct answer provided, you will receive the update in your community inbox. Because the inbox appears on your My View dashboard you will also see the updates there. This new feature will not only help us reduce the amount of duplicate questions in the community it will also ensure you get the solutions you need quickly and without the extra added effort of creating brand new questions. 
  • This post was “Helpful”: The button for this post was “helpful” in a thread will no longer be hidden under the actions menu,  marking posts in a thread as “helpful” will now be included in rewards, and “helpful” posts will be ranked higher than regular posts in search

Search Improvements

• Improved search relevancy – items marked as “Verizon Official” will be prioritized in search, as will Correct and Helpful answers. Outdated content will be labeled as such and always show towards the bottom of the search results
  • Redesigned Spotlight Search will allow you to quickly get back to frequently and recently viewed content as well as your bookmarked content. You can access the “Spotlight Search” by simply clicking into the search field in community the top level navigation from a logged in state.

And this is just the beginning of what’s coming with the redesign. 

Our team has been hard at work on this redesign and we are so excited for you all to see the new site!

Please keep in mind to complete the redesign the community will be down starting at:

6pm EDT on Friday August 5th. 

We apologize in advance for the downtime but we can assure you that it’ll be worth it!  We can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback on the redesigned Verizon Wireless Community.